? on third row seat for 2005 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

? on third row seat for 2005 explorer

resq302

Reaction score
City, State
Boonton, NJ (Morris County, NJ - 45 mins West of New York City)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 explorer eddie bauer
Would it be possible to install an optional third row seat on a 2005 Ford Explorer Limited that did not come with one from the factory? My wife and I were thinking of getting the parts and installing them if it was possible. I know it would be extremely expensive to get all of the parts from the dealership, but I was considering if I could find one in a junk yard.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as our family is expanding and we would like to keep the same vehicle and not have to go for the mammoth of a vehicle like a suburban or expedition.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know about the fitments but I'm planning on getting rid of mine up this spring. Do you plan on doing it soon?

I don't know about the fitments but I'm planning on getting rid of mine up this spring. Do you plan on doing it soon?

If the thing is a direct bolt in swap out, I would be interested in your parts. Just curious, what color is your seat? Also, what kind of upholstery?

I am guessing, but looking at mine, I don't think it would be that hard.

I think you need: carpet, seat, seatbelts, seatbelt anchors, seat catches to hold open and folded down, and folding floor that hides it when collapsed.

My biggest question would be whether the bolting anchors are in place for an Ex that was not ordered with the third seat.

The third row seat option sticker cost was $670 in 2002 - don't know if that helps.

the problem you run into is if there are the places for your feet. I don't know if the imprints in the floor exist in those that didn't have the 3rd row option so thats something to check. Just my two cents

Back