• Register Today It's free!

once again a rim question

chrisw2012

Reaction score
City, State
tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sports trac
so im looking at a set of rims (helo maxx he791) and they are 16x8. ive got the 3 in body lift with 285-75-16 mud tires on it not. the rims show it has a offset of 0 andbackspacing of 4.5 im not very smart about the rim tire como thing. so with this rim is it gonna bring my tires in or is it going to push my tires out giving my truck the deep dish rim and wide tire look. thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im also looking at a set of 16x8 it says the backside is 4.50 and center bore is 78.1 and the other set os 16x8 backside 5.25 and center bore is 78.1 what will these three rims give me look wise. Will they stick my tires out or make them come in. Will the wheels look deep dish or shallow. Sorry but im completly lost

The larger the backspace number, the more inward the tires will mount. 4.5" might be the absolute max; 5.25" is too much. Look for 4" or less, especially if you want a wider look.

I have 35x12.5 on 17x8 with 4.25" backspacing.

How do I know what backspacing my rims on my truck has now. That are aftermarket but idk the bramd go look them up... and does anyone know a set of wheels that look simular to the fuel rims or along those lines that are a 4x4 chrome lookin rim with 4" or less backspacing

My Sport Trac has 16x8 rims with 4.25" backspace. That's probably the max I would go with. 4.5" would get the wheel awfully close to the suspension. In fact it might not clear. The 4.25" backspace sets the tires in noticeably more than stock Ranger rims do. I like the wider stance with the Ranger wheels, but the American Racing AR321 series rims look better. (I think that's the right number.) They were on the truck when I bought it.

Yeah thays the peomblem im runnin into is finding a set of aftermarket rims that are 16in have the 4wd look to them are chrome and have less then 4backspaceing

And what is the offset exactly or what exactly does it do. I think I umderstamd the backspacing bigger backspace closer in it brings the wheels. Lower backspacing futher out it stick the wheels am I right? So now exactly what is offset or how does it affect the way it looks

And what is the offset exactly or what exactly does it do. I think I umderstamd the backspacing bigger backspace closer in it brings the wheels. Lower backspacing futher out it stick the wheels am I right? So now exactly what is offset or how does it affect the way it looks

Offset is the depth from the mounting surface to the lip. Lay a yard stick, 2x4, etc across the back of the wheel and measure from the mounting surface to the yard stick. That's the offset.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Forum Runner

So basically how deep dish the wheel is? And if I get a rim that has a -12 offset and the same exact rim in 0 offset will yhe weight the same

So basically how deep dish the wheel is?

Yes, kinda. It still relates to the width though. A 7" wide wheel with a 3.5" backspacing won't look as deep as a 10" wide wheel with the same backspacing.

So basically how deep dish the wheel is?

Yes, kinda. It still relates to the width though. A 7" wide wheel with a 3.5" backspacing won't look as deep as a 10" wide wheel with the same backspacing.

Well ive been told the 8in wide looks better then the 10in wide on 33's why and how is that

Back