One headlight | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

One headlight

Foamy

Reaction score
New to the forum but hoping to find some help.

Just today my 2007 eddie bauer explorer had the right headlight stop working. Thought it was the bulb so I went to replace it. Neither the high or low beam fillament were burnt out so I was a bit confused. Put in a spare bulb just incase and sill nothing. Even cleaned the connectors and nothing.

I have high beams on both head lights, low beam only on left side. I am not too mechanical so not sure where to look. I was thinking the headlight knob/switch its self. Switching between auto and manual lights doesnt fix the problem.

You say you cleaned the connections. On both the socket and plug? Sometimes, when there's a poor connection from corrosion or loose fit, the socket overheats. Is a terminal in the socket charred? Can you check the voltage with a Volt Ohm Meter? If you don't own one, it's time to make the investment. Get a wire piercing probe to go with it. If there's no voltage getting to that socket, you're going to be giving that VOM a workout.

In the event that socket is destroyed, you can get a replacement at your local auto parts store.

Back