Ordered a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport

Reaction score
City, State
Redwood City, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Been researching vehicles for the last year or so and finally ordered an Explorer Sport last month. I got my VIN a few weeks ago and was told my car was being built the week of December 3rd.

I would love more information. I think Ford has an opportunity to really personalize this process; it would be great to see status and perhaps even pics as the car is being built.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Explorer Sport details

I got the base model in Tuxedo black, plus inflatable seat belts, blind spot detection, and mud guards.

I kept it pretty simple to keep the cost down; it's ages and ages ahead of my current ride, an 06' Honda Element.

Congratulations! Keep us posted :)

Congrats. My Sport was built this past week. Just have to wait for shipping now.

If you send a Private Message to Cory or Gina the reps from Ford Customer Service on this forum they will help track your order for you.

One is built in less then a day.

Hopefully they spend a few hours testing and doing some quality checks. I'm hopeful that I get it before the holiday so I could drive it to see the family for holidays.

I was at the Chicago Assembly Plant 2 years ago and they were doing approximently 60 vehicles an hour.

Current Products: Ford Explorer, Ford Taurus & Taurus SHO, Ford Police Interceptor Sedan & Utility, Lincoln MKS

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Chicago Assembly.aspx

I meant start to finish time. I know the line is moving and a new ride comes of the line every minute or so. But total build time is like 14-16 hours I believe.

Hopefully they spend a few hours testing and doing some quality checks. I'm hopeful that I get it before the holiday so I could drive it to see the family for holidays.

You would think. But it's random what vehicle they spend some time with after build. I have seen some BS come out of that plant so far. Steering issues, off center hood badges, etc...

Been researching vehicles for the last year or so and finally ordered an Explorer Sport last month... I think Ford has an opportunity to really personalize this process; it would be great to see status and perhaps even pics as the car is being built.
Welcome to the boards and congratulations on your order, kamilsfirstford!

Those are some cool ideas; I suggest submitting them here:

http://www.Social.Ford.com/your-ideas

BTW, I shot you a quick reply. :thumbsup:

Congrats. My Sport was built this past week. Just have to wait for shipping now.
kirksjeep,

As an update, my tracker shows it’s still waiting to start shipping.

If you send a Private Message to Cory or Gina the reps from Ford Customer Service on this forum they will help track your order for you.
I really appreciate the recommendation, Sgt1411. :D

Cory

Ordered my 2013 Explorer Sport in October and took shipment on December 21st. This is the first chance i've gotten to post.

I used the checklist someone posted to go through and check for any issues; none that I could find.

I've put about 800 miles on it already. Took a road trip from Northern California to Southern California and the car performed wonderfully in some heavy down pours and road flooding. I'm coming from a Honda Element, so this is a huge improvement in ride quality and performance. You hit the gas and the thing really goes.

I got about 19.1 mpg being a lead foot, going about 75-80 most of the way, with some hard starts, pedal to the floor acceleration, and some passing; I'm pretty pleased considering.

9QlyI.jpg

pdtTY.jpg

YP8KN.jpg

Just got some husky liners for the trip I'll be taking it up to the snow this weekend.

Hi! I also ordered a 2013 Sport on 12/6. ive been lurking and reading a lot of posts. Very informative!.

Tuxedo Blk
Charcoal interior
402A pkg
dual moonroof
all weather mats.

Now we wait for it to be built. Sounds like (from other posters) it will be sometime in February.

Hi! I also ordered a 2013 Sport on 12/6. ive been lurking and reading a lot of posts. Very informative!.

Tuxedo Blk
Charcoal interior
402A pkg
dual moonroof
all weather mats.

Now we wait for it to be built. Sounds like (from other posters) it will be sometime in February.

Congrats on the order! It's definitely a great vehicle & I really enjoy driving it. You can send a PM to Crystal with your order number, dealer info, & she can help keep track of your order along with updates.

Congrats on the order! It's definitely a great vehicle & I really enjoy driving it. You can send a PM to Crystal with your order number, dealer info, & she can help keep track of your order along with updates.

It is a great ride! ive now got 1200 in less than a week and it's been great in the snow!

I would reccomend reaching out to Crystal too. I was really antsy about getting my car and she kept me updated on the journey.

i have been in contact w/Crystal Thank you. There still isn't a V.I.N. yet (as of last week) but i will definitely keep in touch w/her.

It is a great ride! ive now got 1200 in less than a week and it's been great in the snow!

I would reccomend reaching out to Crystal too. I was really antsy about getting my car and she kept me updated on the journey.

Thanks for the shout-outs, everyone! :D

Crystal

That is gorgeous! I think I'm going to change my order from white to black ; -)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back