Ordered HID Bulbs, Should I get new headlight housings?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered HID Bulbs, Should I get new headlight housings?!

I ordered a set of 10k HID's, Bi-Xenon, my housings arent like sun-baked or w/e theyre still okay, but I wanna get the clear blinkers, and reflectors in the front, and I know that'l make the headlight housings look foggy, are those diamond cut ones good? Ive heard both good and bad about them.

Heres what id get:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXPL...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1096wt_1197

(BTW its a 1992)

Would that be a smart thing todo? Those are gonna be about 120$ shipped, just the blinkers are about 50$ shipped..

I just have some Phillips UltraVision 9004 bulbs, the right headlight aimer thing is broke, so the right headlight shines way farther down, having the brights on aims the rightside about where it should be when its on the low beams, I tried "jimmy" rigging it for now at least, but theres no use.

What would you guys suggest?

I can't tell you if that specific product is any good but ur idea is. I bought clear corners for the mounty 2 years ago and replaced the headlights too. Even though the headlights may seem fine, yea new corners will make them look old....

Also, diamond cut lights seem to be worth the buy IMO. Good Luck, hope i was some help....

Yeah it helps to have someone agreeing haha, otherwise i was kinda on the fence about it, i knew that getting the clear blinkers would make the headlights look bad but i was just wondering if it would affect the HID bulbs.

I really only asked because ive read a few posts saying not to get the diamond cut headlights (that was in the 95-01 section though)

The Diamond Cut housings on 2nd gens come with new aiming rods. Not sure about the 1st gen. While I don't think Diamond Cuts are as dramatic a mod in the 1st gen as 2nd, it can't hurt to get new housings, but if HIDs look anywhere near as lousy in 1st gen housings as they do in 2nd gen, no housing is going to save the blotchy light patterns which are inherent in these housings.

Ahhh i see, well i really appreciate the info, and like you said, it cant hurt to get new ones.

My trucks an hour away right now, without brake lines!

Back