Ordered My New 2018 Explorer | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

I checked COTUS for my 2018 Explorer Limited and it initially said delivery was due January 5th and then changed to Jan.12th - in the 11th the days to delivery showed "0" and then nothing on the 12th. Of course waiting for it, dealer said it would be in during the week of the 15th - but this evening the 15th, COTUS changed and showed delivery to be FEB 4th.
With all the tracking devices that Ford and it's transporters have, I wonder why a 3 week change in delivery after it was posted a for several weeks as being Jan 12th. Bummer
It would be interesting to know if anyone has had COTUS give an accurate delivery date. And your right, it's a bummer!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It would be interesting to know if anyone has had COTUS give an accurate delivery date. And your right, it's a bummer!

You would think Ford would want to keep buyers posted as to where in the shipping adventure the vehicle is - , considering the holidays and some snowy weather, you can see a couple of days slip in the schedule, BUT 3 weeks and then showing a Sunday as a delivery date ? I guess they know we love the Explorer and wouldn't move to a different manufacturer - Good thing there not delivering Fresh Food.

My dealer provided me with the same date that COTUS has been displaying from the beginning - January 26. I can give you a firm answer around that time. At this point, I'm waiting for the status to change from "in production" to "awaiting shipment" as the build date was scheduled for This past Saturday.

COTUS has a lot of potential, and everyone I talk to is very impressed with the details it provides. IMO, it is still very much a work in progress as I've mentioned earlier that it has proven to be very flakey. Still to this date the window sticker button never worked for me, and sometimes can't find my car unless I refresh it 10+ times. I'm sure it can't be an easy feat to consolidate this information from the various assembly plants and have it available for us to see. It does a lot to build excitement as your vehicle goes through the phases, however as many have experienced, can be very frustrating when things go off the rails so to speak. Great innovation and effort by Ford nonetheless, but my opinion may change after the 26th depending on what happens :p

My dealer provided me with the same date that COTUS has been displaying from the beginning - January 26. I can give you a firm answer around that time. At this point, I'm waiting for the status to change from "in production" to "awaiting shipment" as the build date was scheduled for This past Saturday.

COTUS has a lot of potential, and everyone I talk to is very impressed with the details it provides. IMO, it is still very much a work in progress as I've mentioned earlier that it has proven to be very flakey. Still to this date the window sticker button never worked for me, and sometimes can't find my car unless I refresh it 10+ times. I'm sure it can't be an easy feat to consolidate this information from the various assembly plants and have it available for us to see. It does a lot to build excitement as your vehicle goes through the phases, however as many have experienced, can be very frustrating when things go off the rails so to speak. Great innovation and effort by Ford nonetheless, but my opinion may change after the 26th depending on what happens :p

Lets hope that on the 27th your whistling and singing to yourself as you drive around in your 2018 - I'm hoping that there was a glitch in the date for my vehicle (Ordered 10/21 and in Ford System 10/24 ) Good luck - if it's anything like my 2013 is I will be ecstatic. Enjoy.

Lets hope that on the 27th your whistling and singing to yourself as you drive around in your 2018 - I'm hoping that there was a glitch in the date for my vehicle (Ordered 10/21 and in Ford System 10/24 ) Good luck - if it's anything like my 2013 is I will be ecstatic. Enjoy.
Any news on your Explorer? I'm more than sure it'll be worth your wait.

Things are looking good on my side so far for the 26th, as production indicated to have been completed yesterday, and is currently awaiting shipment. No severe winter weather in the forecast for the next few days between Illinois and Ontario, so hopefully there shouldn't be any delays. Just hope they have enough to fill the train cars for a timely departure. Waiting sucks especially when you're soooo close. BTW, COTUS seems to be a lot more stable recently, which is good news and less frustrating. Still no working sticker link though.

Things are looking good on my side so far for the 26th, as production indicated to have been completed yesterday, and is currently awaiting shipment. No severe winter weather in the forecast for the next few days between Illinois and Ontario, so hopefully there shouldn't be any delays. Just hope they have enough to fill the train cars for a timely departure. Waiting sucks especially when you're soooo close. BTW, COTUS seems to be a lot more stable recently, which is good news and less frustrating. Still no working sticker link though.

Use the following link to get your window sticker
Just put your vin after the = sign

Explanation and picture of Ford Window Sticker

Also, does anybody know what the fee is to continue using the hot spot function after the trial period?

Use the following link to get your window sticker
Just put your vin after the = sign

Explanation and picture of Ford Window Sticker

Also, does anybody know what the fee is to continue using the hot spot function after the trial period?

Thanks. Found that link earlier. Was just pointing out COTUS flakiness. :)

I believe it starts at $10/month and could be linked to your existing data share plan at Rogers. Currently offering a 1 gig data bonus for 2 years I heard.

Here's the link to Rogers plan page;

Mobile Internet | Select a Data Plan | Rogers

Definitely worth the wait - this makes my 5th Explorer, just seeing the COTUS go from due one day with countdown at 0 and the change to another 3 weeks later . And then tonight I see it changed again to delivered yesterday - but no call from the dealer - so we'll see.

Definitely worth the wait - this makes my 5th Explorer, just seeing the COTUS go from due one day with countdown at 0 and the change to another 3 weeks later . And then tonight I see it changed again to delivered yesterday - but no call from the dealer - so we'll see.
Hopefully you'll have it by the weekend.

Woohoo! Cotus is now showing my order!
Congrats! Trust me when I say COTUS will be like crack for you now as you anxiously watch it go through the stages. :laugh:

It still doesn't show any manufacturing or delivery data.

upload_2018-1-18_15-10-32.png

I'm getting the same color, with the running boards.
Wheels are different
Interior is ceramic
I also went with the ceramic interior. I would have liked a nice tan color to go with the burgundy.

I opted for:
Splash Guards
Running Boards - Black
Roof Rail Crossbars
2nd-Row Bucket Seats
2nd-Row Console
Cargo Cover
Cargo Mat

20-inch Premium Painted Machined-Aluminum Wheels
136B520A-6DDB-D266-87BC-75AD87BC75AD.jpg

I haven't decided if I want the rubber floor mats. I may buy them from Husky.

I've had good luck getting the splash guards thrown in and installed for no cost before. They will be a dealer installed item in any case.

Peter

I've had good luck getting the splash guards thrown in and installed for no cost before. They will be a dealer installed item in any case.

Peter
They were in the negotiated price on my ordered vehicle. I didn't want to nickel and dime at the last minute.

Got an expected delivery date! March 6!
It'll be March before you know it.

I'm about a week out and the date only slipped by one day from when it first showed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it holds.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It'll be March before you know it.

I'm about a week out and the date only slipped by one day from when it first showed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it holds.

My 2018 Explorer Limited is finally ready - picking it up on Wednesday - looks Great even cleaned it up - should be amazing once cleaned. Does anyone have experience on Wear and Tear coverage for leases ( I tried doing a lease this time ) how much do the rates usually go for on a 3 year lease? Thanks

Back