Ordered XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered XLT

Sam@Explorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
NA
Recently joined the forum, found it very informative.

Ordered a Metallic Grey / Light Stone XLT 202A with Nav & 4WD on Sept. 26, 2013. Got in touch with Saskin (Ford Rep) and got very good response. So far everything seems to be in order. Dealer gave me a wait time of 6-8 weeks, hoping everything will go smoothly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

XLT Status

We order our Sterling Gray on Sept. 17th. It was in production last week and suppose to be in between today and the 19th was the estimated time of arrival. Have you asked Ford (from this site) for a status? Just give them your vin#

Recently joined the forum, found it very informative.

Ordered a Metallic Grey / Light Stone XLT 202A with Nav & 4WD on Sept. 26, 2013. Got in touch with Saskin (Ford Rep) and got very good response. So far everything seems to be in order. Dealer gave me a wait time of 6-8 weeks, hoping everything will go smoothly.

Hi Sam@Explorer,

I'm glad Saskia has been able to help you while I was out of the office. I have your information saved and I'm happy to track your Explorer whenever you want an update. :D

Bianca

We order our Sterling Gray on Sept. 17th. It was in production last week and suppose to be in between today and the 19th was the estimated time of arrival. Have you asked Ford (from this site) for a status? Just give them your vin#

That's rather quick unlike anything I have seen on this forum, but that's great news hopefully you will get it within the next week. I am still waiting for my VIN, dealer told me it usually takes 4 weeks for it to be allocated. Taking a cue from you I will check on my order status again.

All the best for your new explorer, do share the some pictures - I am really curious to see the sterling grey for real.

Thank you Bianca, I will send you a PM just to see if a VIN has been allocated yet. I didn't get any update from my dealer so far.

Some progress

Order timeline
Order placed - 09/26
Received VIN - 10/17
Window Sticker - 11/06
Build Date - 11/12
Arrived at Dealer - 11/25
Received the Car - 11/28

Thank you Bianca, for progress update and answers to unending queries.

Happy with the ride so far.

Our XLT is Great

As i mentioned in my previous post we ordered or Explorer on 9/17/13 and picked it up 10/18. The only reason we were able to get it so quick is the dealer had 2 XLTs already on order, one in our color. The dealer just changed the options to what we wanted.

Now that we have it, I want to say it is awesome. I can not believe how great looking it is, the sterling gray and 20" wheels really shine. If I knew how to post a picture i would post one.

MFT is really great. I learned quickly the mobile number (primary) in the system is the only number you can use for service. I was wondering why I couldn't access navigation until I did a quick chat with Ford MFT rep. and she asked me which mobile number I was using. I knew then that was the problem. Other than that (user error) MFT is great.

Awesome vehicle.

If I knew how to post a picture i would post one.

If you have a place to host the picture (e.g. photobucket, etc),

you simply put the link to the picture in between img tags like so...

Code:
[img]<link to picture>[/img]

As i mentioned in my previous post we ordered or Explorer on 9/17/13 and picked it up 10/18. The only reason we were able to get it so quick is the dealer had 2 XLTs already on order, one in our color. The dealer just changed the options to what we wanted.

Now that we have it, I want to say it is awesome. I can not believe how great looking it is, the sterling gray and 20" wheels really shine. If I knew how to post a picture i would post one.

MFT is really great. I learned quickly the mobile number (primary) in the system is the only number you can use for service. I was wondering why I couldn't access navigation until I did a quick chat with Ford MFT rep. and she asked me which mobile number I was using. I knew then that was the problem. Other than that (user error) MFT is great.

Awesome vehicle.

I'm glad you're liking your Explorer! Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any more help with your MyFord Touch. :)

Rebecca

Awesome vehicle.

That's great :thumbsup:, you got lucky I tried with several dealers in and around Toronto but none was found with the options I wanted. It seems Grey is looking great on Explorer. I am eagerly awaiting to try out MFT myself, your tip will be certainly helpful.

The Sterling Gray seems a popular color right now. Ours is Gray also ;) Ours is an XLT, 4WD, 202A package and moonroof. We updated from an older Explorer, and not that it was uncomfortable in any way, but the new one is much less truck like, and a smoother, quieter ride. My son who sits in back loves the double moonroof and being able to look up and out from the back seat. We're all still getting the feel of each other, but so far it's great!

That's great :thumbsup:, you got lucky I tried with several dealers in and around Toronto but none was found with the options I wanted. It seems Grey is looking great on Explorer. I am eagerly awaiting to try out MFT myself, your tip will be certainly helpful.

As I mentioned in another thread, we couldn't find a local dealer with the options in stock either. Luckily for us one of the dealers we talked too was willing/able to search several neighboring states and found one that another dealer had in stock which was exactly what we wanted, and arranged to transfer it from them to him, to sell it to us.

Can't beat getting exactly what you want.. So, good luck with your order and I hope it's a short wait.

Order timeline
Order placed - 09/26
Received VIN - 10/17
Window Sticker - 11/06
Build Date - 11/12
Arrived at Dealer - 11/25
Received the Car - 11/28

Thank you Bianca, for progress update and answers to unending queries.

Happy with the ride so far.

Back