• Register Today It's free!

oxygen sensor replacement

Amp67

Reaction score
City, State
Novi, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Eddie Bauer
Hello all, I recently got a check engine light, and took my truck to Autozone. They pulled the P0133 (slow O2 sensor) code. That is for the front O2 sensor on bank 1 (cyl 1 side, passenger side). The OE replacement they quoted me was Bosch part # 15719. Upon going home, I checked the rockauto.com pricing. Although, it turns out that rockauto lists the #15716 as the upstream sensor and the #15719 as the downstream sensor. Basically Autozone and Rockauto don't agree. I want to get the right part, and because they are priced different, I have reason to believe that they are indeed different. I want to make sure I get the right part.

Ultimately, I do want to give Autozone my business, they pulled the code for free after all, no one else does this.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Also, are the upstream sensors easily accessed from the bottom of the truck?

THanks, and I have a '98, 4.0 SOHC V6

go to the bosch site. Anyways, "typically" the difference in the O2 sensors (those quoted) is usually the lengths of the wire and / or whether they have a connector. In general, you can go with the "cheapest" AS LONG as the wire is long enough... if its too long, all you have to do is take care of it with tie raps or equivalent to ensure that the wiring doesn't touch any "bad things".

Back