P0741 obd code (torque converter clutch system stuck off) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0741 obd code (torque converter clutch system stuck off)

glenn_a

Reaction score
City, State
Sydney
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
hi there, is there anyone out there familiar with this obd code P0741? its saying the "torque converter clutch system stuck off"...

i dont know exactly what to do, im guessing i need to change my torque converter or is there any cheap way to fix this problem? any sensor need to be replace or ???

please help...!

symptoms: time to time the "D" flashes soon i go for a long drive, sometimes never comes on but when ever i get this "D" flashes the gear changes feels a lot longer...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might be a solenoid

TCC solenoid? All solenoids can be accessed easily by dropping the trans pan.

TCC solenoid? All solenoids can be accessed easily by dropping the trans pan.[/QUOTE

thanks but which particular solenoid is for the torque converter clutch?
could you please post us a picture or ?

thanks!

2008-09-27_204748_1.gif

:thumbsup: thanks illl check on that and see what happens, im pretty sure its kinda electrical thingy because the problem is on and off and if it was a mechanical it should be there always....

thanks ill see if i could just check the telminals or maybe just replace that solenoid...:thumbsup:

got some info from the transmission shop and they think its gonna be either 'valve body' or the 'torque converter'.....

they were saying if its the solenoid it should say someting about circuit or electrical...

i need to go there and do the full test for torque converter and valve body to narrow down the problem...

Back