• Register Today It's free!

P1152 - Help

kblackav8or

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Mountaineer Monterey
The code says Bank 2 O2 sensor - no switching signal or something to that affect. I replaced it about 2 weeks ago (cleared the code when I did it), ran great for a couple weeks, now the code is back, bucking/missing and CEL. Now I read here about possible failed fuel pressure regulators. I don't have a pressure guage to check this. If the regulator isn't too expensive I would just replace it. Trouble is, either what appears to resemble a regulator isn't or it is part of the fuel rail. This is a 2000 5.0 Mountaineer. Any help on what to check or do next and where to get said parts would be appreciated. Thanks.

P1152 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Rich - Bank No. 2

Ford has a few TSBs about MAF contamination - which includes this code

Here is a list of possible causes:

-Air intake system leaking, vacuum hoses leaking or damaged
-Air leaks located after the MAF sensor mounting location
-Base engine mechanical fault (i.e., compression, valve timing)
-HO2S circuits wet or oily, corroded, or poor terminal contact
-HO2S is damaged or it has failed
-HO2S signal circuit open, shorted to ground, shorted to power
-Low fuel pressure or vehicle driven until it was out of fuel
-Possible air leaks at the PCV valve or at the related hoses

You need to check the wiring on the sensor and the harness going up. Also, make sure you have the right sensor location.

Good luck

-Drew

I will check for vacuum/air leaks. I will also make sure the harness isn't oily. I cleaned the maf as part of my troubleshooting of this problem so I don't think it is that. Is the fuel pressure regulator replaceable on these engines? What little of it I can see, I cannot tell. Doesn't look like the older ones that had 2 screws that held it on. So far I haven't been able to locate a part number for it either. I replaced the O2 sensor that comes off the drivers side cylinder bank located right under the torque converter area of the transmission. Thanks for the help so far. I will let folks know what solves it.
Kevin

Back