Paint codes ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Paint codes ?

Where on the vehicle do I find the paint code ?

I'm looking to get some paint to repaint some replacment fenders and wanted to make sure I got the right colored paint.

Its a 99 XLT...dark red/burgundy. Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It should be on the white tag on the inside of the drivers side door where the lock is.

OK, found that...but the looks to be 2 or 3 digits (nothing is really lined up enough to read).

Any comments ?

Do you see any of these: B4, BG, E4, FL. These are the colors close to red for 99

I figured it out at the parts store. It was FL.

Thanks. :bounce:

Toreador Red. An awesome color :)

Yup..that's it. When I was in the auto parts store I looked up the code from the years (they had the FL code in it). Then I just got 2 smaller cans (8 oz I think) and some clear. I have 2 fenders to paint :thumbsup: and some flares to trim out.

Now I have to see about finding a hood in the same color....lol. I have a bad spot and I did a 'test coat' on it and its a really good match.....

Cool, why can't you repair the hood?

Cuz it looks like this -

351227_14_full.jpg

This is what the fender looks like.
351227_13_full.jpg

BUT... I have 2 nu-used fenders with flares that just need a quick coat of paint to match up and then some light mechanical work manipulating the unibody a touch in the front there....and I'll be set. Still runs like a champ, power steering still squeals like a banshee....but I need a new battery cuz someone helped drain it 2 or 3 times leaving the doors & hatch slightly open (lucky its a 2 year replacment at WallyWorld and it hasn't even been a year)

LOL, well that's 1 hell of a reason. I am surprised you found FL in a store. I never could find it when I looked so I just ordered it online.

Wow, that is a very good reason to replace the hood. Good luck.

I just found out that dupli-color has started making my color in a spray can (medium wedgewood blue code LD). They must have recently started making yours also.

Back