Passanger side rear quarter banged up. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Passanger side rear quarter banged up.

Man, I hate it when this happens. Some guy two days ago came head on into my lane on a turn, so I reflexivly pulled to the left. Bad idea. I hit the gaurd rail and put a NICE scratch all the way down my ride. Now I need new fender's flares and have to fix a dent. :fire:

Here's my question. I've got a small dent on the passanger side to the rear of the door in that panel. Think on the outside of the door latch. How am I supposed to fix that? I can't pull off the quarterpannel, because as far as I can tell, it's ALL one piece. Any suggestions? I'm going to have to take it to a body shop to get it painted and I know the old Dry Ice trick will not work.:(

It all depends on the size of the dent. There are many methods to fixing the dent. Some ways are Bondo, suction cup, A tool called a sure shot, if you can get to the other side of the panel body hammers could fix it. If you could post a picture of the dent I could give you some better ideas on how to go about fixing it.

Ask the body shop wile you are there. Technically the quarter panel does come off but that requires grinding and then welding and all that. Not a task for a weekend warrior. If it is a small dent , and you feel up to it , try to mud it your self. Just make sure you use good filler , and Bondo brand is not good filler. Put the mud on bare metal , never on paint. Work it smooth with 80 grit , and finish it with 180 then prime.

Back