Passanger side door wiring for '93 limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Passanger side door wiring for '93 limited

I replaced the Pass side door on my '93 explorer limited with a used one so all the wires were cut. I connected all the like wires together coming from truck to the new door, but was left with one black wire with white stripe comeing from door. Also, there were two identical wires coming from truck.

Once I connected all wires (except for odd black with white stripe) and hooked up the battery the power lock relay in back was going crazy. The power window worked fine though.

Is there anybody who can help or who has a wiring diagram handy.

Thanks

You should do a complete swap.

Origonal harness and any still useable acessories from the origonal door.

Problem is that they (Ford) might of changed color schemes, number of wires going in and connectors on switches. I have installed a different instrument cluster from an older explorer into mine and the gauges and lights went crazy. When I replaced doors I have swapped the original wiring loom. In order to unplug door wiring loom (yes, there is a plug, two in fact) you'll have to remove emergency brake pedal and remove rubber kick panel lining. Unplug the wires and pull them through and inside the door.

Should work... splicing works but not always... :confused:

Back