@#$@ PATS....Won't start, broken ignition collar..HELP! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

@#$@ PATS....Won't start, broken ignition collar..HELP!

You could check with Don Lasota and see if he will turn off pats for you. he's very fast at responding. just google him.

Were you able to get it fixed? I had an issue where my 00 Mountaineer would not start and flashed pats light. I diagnosed and repaired a wire that went into the elec pin wire harness.
I fixed the broken wire and it started right up. When I tilted my steering wheel all the way up. Pats light flashed. Tilted all the way down and it would not flash. Ford Engineers should have added an extra 1.5" to both wiring harnesses. You can see tilt wheel fully up the two wire harnesses are tight against the metal trim.

Were you able to get it fixed? I had an issue where my 00 Mountaineer would not start and flashed pats light. I diagnosed and repaired a wire that went into the elec pin wire harness.
I fixed the broken wire and it started right up. When I tilted my steering wheel all the way up. Pats light flashed. Tilted all the way down and it would not flash. Ford Engineers should have added an extra 1.5" to both wiring harnesses. You can see tilt wheel fully up the two wire harnesses are tight against the metal trim.

Back