• Register Today It's free!

PCV valve location

jmcdaniel05

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT
I have been trying to find this information for days. Can someone please help me? I need a picture of where the PCV valve is located on a 2004 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0. I havew looked everywhere, can't find it. An explanation won't help me. I need a picture showing exactly where the PCV valve is at. I cannot find this anwywhere.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Here you go:

40PCVValveLocation.jpg

Good luck with the fix!

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Hey, thanks a lot man. I have been trying to find this forever.

I got it!!! That pic was a big help. My engine was a little different but it was still in the same spot. Mine is a 2004 Explorer XLT 4.0L. Right at the top of the upper intake manifold on the very back top left corner there is a hose coming off of it clipped on with a green clip. If you follow that hose the other end is connected to the PCV valve. I figured I would post this for anybody else looking for the same thing. I was going to post pics but I could not figurew it out.

Back