2003 Explorer 4.6L PCV Valve Location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer 4.6L PCV Valve Location

nelsoige

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer 4.6
Ive been researching this site now for some time on my pcv valve location and cant find anything on the 4.6L engine, does everyone own the 4.0L!!

Can anyone help me with the location of this valve?? I baught a new one and its got a 90 Degree bend on it??
Thanks for anyones help!!

Welcome aboard. The PCV on the 4.6l is right in the middle of the passenger side valve cover. I'm pretty sure you bought the wrong one for replacement, but have a look at the existing one to make sure before you return it. It will have a bayonet mount, half turn ccw to remove.

replacing PCV valve on 2002 mercury mountaineer V8/Explorer

I did mine today along with the egr pressure sensor, I got a P1400 engine code and since I'm already tinkering with the truck I'd rather replace them both at the same time (required maintenance to replace PCV valve once it reaches 100k)

here's the link, I used my iphone to take pictures..

http://www.fuzzyshot.com/fabainkc/post/m6GSFMdJiw/photo/g4L2WFlJDz

Ive been researching this site now for some time on my pcv valve location and cant find anything on the 4.6L engine, does everyone own the 4.0L!!

Can anyone help me with the location of this valve?? I baught a new one and its got a 90 Degree bend on it??
Thanks for anyones help!!
If you have a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition 4.6l v8 the PCV valve is located directly underneath the main air intake hose on the passenger’s side valve cover. You need to remove that big black hose to get to it.

Back