pcv valve

cfd911

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
chicago IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 xlt 4wd
hi group, i m learning more about this 2001 xlt 4.0l sohc everyday i think it s a great little truck for having it a month so far i ve done plugs (eeeeekkkkk) and wires being an old chevy mechanic for my own piece of mind i did all the fluids, front,rear,diffs, transfer case, power steering flush, rad flush,brake fluid, my question is the pcv i found it,
the manual says replace with ev225 , 40$ at dealer with the hoses????

i took the old one out and it looks ok not gunked up so i cleaned it with carb cleaner but it says ev 147 and OE which probably mean original equipment

i mean i m not cheap by any means but any reason for 2 different #'S

and pcv with hoses? what hoses i just want the valve the hoses are fine,

any ideas.....

I think they suggest the replacement of all hoses with the PCV because of majority of the time the hoses and elbows are cracked or damaged when you replace the PCV... I'd just go to autozone and pick a matching PCV and call it a day!

I used a parts store generic pcv valve and it made my 5.0 run worse than it previously had. I replaced it with the stock unit, in my case ev152. It was $8 or so and runs/idles well again. I would get a second opinion on that price as the ev225 doesn't appear to be much different. Mine came with some elbows and tubing as well for the $8.

Back