• Register Today It's free!

Penticton in July

lonewolfalpha

Reaction score
City, State
Canada, Drayton Valley, ALberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ranger FX4 Lvl2, 2006
Is anyone from Alberta planning on going to the offroad event that Can 4x4 is putting on in July just outside of Penticton in B.C.?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hadn't heard of it till now. Any details?

Go to can4x4.com all the details and the registration form is there, I sent away for my tickets yesterday and have my fingers crossed. Now maybe I'll wait to put 32's on the truck and look at more underside armor instead....

Canadian offroad event!

Hey, the Canadian offroad mag Can 4x4 is hosting an event this July in B.C. Canada and I was wondering if any of you were planning on going this year? The website is can4x4.com if any of you are interested, I hope this isn't spamming as I realy want to see this event go off and see some of you out there.

lonewolfalpha said:
Hey, the Canadian offroad mag Can 4x4 is hosting an event this July in B.C. Canada and I was wondering if any of you were planning on going this year? The website is can4x4.com if any of you are interested, I hope this isn't spamming as I realy want to see this event go off and see some of you out there.

It's only spamming when you post the same post in different forums. Oh wait, you are spamming!

Oh &%^$, I'm sorry. Is there good spam and bad spam? I never ment any harm, was just excited about the whole thing and wanted everyone to know......

lonewolfalpha said:
Oh &%^$, I'm sorry. Is there good spam and bad spam? I never ment any harm, was just excited about the whole thing and wanted everyone to know......

It's bad form to post the same thing in multiple forums on not just this site but any online forum. Pick the most appropriate forum, post it there and let it ride. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the kick in the pants, I wasn't considering the implications clearly and will try and be more thoughtfull in the future. So are you going to the event? BTW, I am in no way affiliated with it.

lonewolfalpha said:
Thanks again for the kick in the pants, I wasn't considering the implications clearly and will try and be more thoughtfull in the future. So are you going to the event? BTW, I am in no way affiliated with it.

No plans to be there. I'm not a wheeling fan. Sort of the opposite. I love mountain biking and some of the trails I ride on get hammered with ATVs and trucks riding the trails illegally. I don't have a problem with people wheeling in designated areas and there are lots of them. I just don't understand why they have to trash the trails where it's clearly marked they're not supposed to be on. :thumbdwn:

Yeah, those people are like hunters who get hammered and then shoot every sign and building in sight-they may only be a minority but they are the ones that most people see. I beleive strongly in the tread lightly program and preserving the wild places for future generations but I also very much enjoy undeveloped roads and exploring places that require a four wheel drive to get there. If there was some way to stop the idiots of the world that stereotype responsible people that would be great, but sterelization is frowned upon in these days of "political correctness."
Meh. Sorry for the rant.

I would love to go but can't, next year I think I'll book my holidays around it.

Threads are now merged into one thread.

lonewolfalpha said:
Yeah, those people are like hunters who get hammered and then shoot every sign and building in sight-they may only be a minority but they are the ones that most people see. I beleive strongly in the tread lightly program and preserving the wild places for future generations but I also very much enjoy undeveloped roads and exploring places that require a four wheel drive to get there. If there was some way to stop the idiots of the world that stereotype responsible people that would be great, but sterelization is frowned upon in these days of "political correctness."
Meh. Sorry for the rant.

I agree with you re: tread lightly. That's what it's all about. :thumbsup:

GJarrett said:
Threads are now merged into one thread.

Thanks for that, I didn't realize that I had spammed until it was pointed out to me. Sorry about that.

omg this sounds awesome, i ski up at apex every year, it's my favorite mountain!! now I can 4x4 there in the summer :D I should start looking for a house up there :p

badash said:
omg this sounds awesome, i ski up at apex every year, it's my favorite mountain!! now I can 4x4 there in the summer :D I should start looking for a house up there :p

Glad to see some enthusiasm! So can I expect to see you there?

I'm gonna see what i can do about getting the time off work, and see if a buddy of mine with a lifted grand cherokee would want to go

Sweet! I'll have the new boots for my truck by then (the ones in my signature) but doubt I'll have the winch attached yet. Grand Cherokee? What year? They look pretty decent on 33's, but I kinda prefer the Explorers with the TTB front end.

93 or 94? cant exactly remember, but its a jeep grand cherokee with 4.5" rubicon 2" coil spacers and 35" procomp Xterrains, it looks awesome, and the 35"s for only being 2" bigger than my tires seriously dwarf mine it's really weird....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those are some serious boots on the Jeep, I know that some tires don't actually measure a real 33", but since you both are running the same brand of boots maybe it's just an illusion? I wonder how the axles hold up with those 35's.

Back