Phone contact photos showing up on MFT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Phone contact photos showing up on MFT?

new to ford

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester Hills, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
11XLT202A 17Sport401A
Just curious if anyone has their phone contact photos showing up when you go through the phonebook and/or make/receive calls through MFT.
Ours does not, neither my blackberry curve, nor my wife's motorola razor...
Not a a big deal, just curious if this is a phone compatibility issue or it is MFT issue...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope

I definitely have not had any of my contact photos show up. Coincidentally, my album art has shown up hit and miss. I have played with the Gracenote toggles and have not come up with anything specific that will get my art on or off. It's like hit and miss.

My contact photos show up when they call. I use the BB torch.

Photos do show for me...

Actually, contact photos and album art on two things that are rock solid and consistent for me. I use a BB Bold 9650 and an older (4th gen i think) 30gb ipod. It pulls the album art from my ipod, no problem and contact photos are sync'd up as soon as I add them to the phone.

Try deleting and then re-downloading your phone book maybe...

I'm running an iPhone 4 w/o success. I deleted the phone book this morning and re-uploaded it, plus turned contacts on/off to try and toggle it but still no luck.

It would be nice to get all these things working but pulling in a contact's picture is going to be one of those oddities. What is MFT looking for in a field name, what does the iPhone call it, is the picture the right format/size, etc. One would think that with respect to other phones that they would get the iPhone's to work well considering how many are out there, but who am I to assume.

I definitely have not had any of my contact photos show up. Coincidentally, my album art has shown up hit and miss. I have played with the Gracenote toggles and have not come up with anything specific that will get my art on or off. It's like hit and miss.

Same here, we have an EVO and EVO shift and photos do not show. I also use an ipod touch and album art is hit or miss, I haven't found a pattern yet.

Working fine here. Have a Sanyo Katana phone from Bell Aliant that works like a charm (will not read text messages, however, we don't text message). We are using a Lexar 8 gb memory stick for music and the album art shows up all the time!!! Cheers.

Does anyone know if the iPhone 4 Contact Pics, Album art, and Text to Voice issue was corrected in MFT 2.8? I picked my X up last week with MFT V2.7 and it the issue is still there.

Does anyone know if the iPhone 4 Contact Pics, Album art, and Text to Voice issue was corrected in MFT 2.8? I picked my X up last week with MFT V2.7 and it the issue is still there.

These are all issues with Apple and the way they utilize their bluetooth communications. No MFT update is going to fix any of those issues with the iPhone, Apple needs to address this with an OS update. The iPhone's bluetooth stack doesn't currently support the MAP profile needed to push texts through to the MFT and it also will not push your music info over either. If you want to see your album art and song info, you're going to need to hook up through the USB connection.

Back