Pics of recent So Cal runs | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pics of recent So Cal runs

Let me know when you wanna make a run and and we can get a group together.

I'm game whenever.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

COOL!

sorry, I missed it. Let Jefe or I know when you plan to run it next time - we keep missing each other.

Just so you know, we tentatively scheduled a local run for March 13th at the last Fudds meet.

The 13th? I thought It was the 20th? Whatever wheel'n is wheel'n:rolleyes:

:burnout:

Originally posted by Stic-o
The 13th? I thought It was the 20th? Whatever wheel'n is wheel'n:rolleyes:
:confused:

To quote you from the So Cal thread:
Originally posted by Stic-o
..good times. Thanks guys Fudds was great. So say March 13th for a run. Maybe with this much time until then we can some more people on this run;)

:p

As you said!

:confused: :confused:

I don't know what I was thinking...

Thanks for settin me stright.;)

I'll plan for March 13.

Any ideas on where? I guess choices are limited. Rowher, Miller Jeep, (if it is open), Last Chance/ Jawbone Cyn. or maybe somewhere farther south?

You didn't have much nice to say about the Pinzgauer. I'm curious. What's your review of the vehicle overall?

Originally posted by zensius
You didn't have much nice to say about the Pinzgauer. I'm curious. What's your review of the vehicle overall?

That's because it's lacking the blue oval;)

Honestly I was as impressed as hell. It has as much articlulation as my X but that's where its limitations end. The "Pinz" as its owner affectionately calls it, has ground clearance it would take me 40" tires to achieve and he has 32"s. It's locked which we all know the the benefits of except it can shift into low at speeds up to 30 mph. The portal axles look heavy enough for a monster truck. It looks tippy as hell but it got side slope on a hill I did not get a picture of at near 40 degrees and it did not show signs of tipping. Supposedly it tips at over the mid 40 degrees range.

It's built for one thing...getting 10 troops into battle no matter the terrain.

Negatives are it's top speed is 60 mph, 0-60 in 15 minutes, and it sounds like a lawn mower.

The owner bought it from a dealer in Hemet, CA for around $18,000.

Originally posted by jobunn
Any ideas on where? I guess choices are limited. Rowher, Miller Jeep, (if it is open), Last Chance/ Jawbone Cyn. or maybe somewhere farther south?
One of those, depending on vehicles (may have a few stockers), recent weather, and distance everyone is willing to drive. I'll go start the discussion in the So Cal thread.

Back