pictures of system!! take a look, update!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pictures of system!! take a look, update!!

matt987

Reaction score
City, State
baton rouge, louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 xlt
ive been a member here for a little while and have been telling people what i have, so now i finallly have pictures of my X. i just made a page at car domain.com....heres the link, check it out and leave comments/feedback and add me as a friend if you have a cardomain page of your own that you want me to check out. www.cardomain.com/ride/2271312

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my truck.

thanks man...i was like damn, that guy is on his toes tonight... whatever tho, its all good i didnt know it was against the rules to do that.

ohhh..ok i gotcha

2271312_3.jpg

sweet

sick system man, keep it thumpin!

thanks, i need to update that picture though...i won another 2nd place trophy this past friday night at a soundoff competition. and i really need to carpet that bottom shelf because its gettin dirty from when i go back and forth to my tool box thats inside of it.

another thing to add..i paid for this all by my self, parents dont believe in 'blowing money' on useless stuff like i do! haha the only thing that i didnt pay for is the truck itself; and i was paid for with the insurance money that my parents got after i got in a wreck in my first vehicle (that i paid for)...the exlplorer costed all of $$2,600$$ :p couldnt pass it up

You should put two drawers in the platform and then move the amps in there...
Nice setup though...

i considered doing that but i think that would creat too much heat, and i already have enough wires between my system, and my strobes just to run more for cooling fans. and plus i need a place for tool and misc. storage anyway... i want more boom but need more room...need bigger vehicle! hah

to hide my wires im thinking about cutting the back fabric off an getting a router and routing a few channels in the box itself about 2 inches wide and about 1/2 thickness of the board.. then running wires and recarpeting to cover...routing channels to each amp and capacitor will further hide them..for maintenaince, i can basically have all of the wires that are wired into the box cut off at the bottom of the box with connectors at the ends...so i dont have to pull out all of the wiring everythime i want to take out the box. this is just an idea that may or may not happen, if it does happen it will be spur of the moment.

Nice setup I wonder what it'd do with more wattage?

SkanlaxJMO said:

That pic looks like my setup except I have L7 12s not L5 15s. I know they pound cause I know mine sure do :D :thumbsup:

2271312_7.jpg

That's a clean setup ;) lol

Looks cool :thumbsup:

matt987 said:
ohhh..ok i gotcha

I just noticed we even have the same amp :thumbsup:
I need to get an amp for my 6 1/2s though cause like your
reasoning with having your extra amp "I need to hear my
speakers". I can hear them, but my subs are def. over
powering my highs at this point until I upgrade them and
get an amp to run them. I have some good infiniti's but
I'm going to sell them and get a component setup to run
on a separate amp.

Is that 1200.1 pushing those 15s just fine? I get worried
sometimes after bumpin mine too loud thinking my amp might
get tired but damn this thing never gets hot! :D

that amp pushes them things with nooo problem! i have gone to my hunting camp and then to my uncles house from there..about 2and a half hour trip...beatin up...(not constant of course, i'd explode) but it has never given me the slighest problem whatsoever.. im wanna get another 1, one for each speaker...but i jus needa come up wit tha funds.....with the 12's i wouldnt worry bout the amp gettin tired, only the speakers getting tired.

Mista808 ..says.."My system will make your grandma's heart stop."

well if thats the case then my system will start it back up again.. :eek:
haha.

after burping the system in competition a few times with my batteries at full charge-all systems go-i can start to smell my voice coils heating up a lilbit. has anyone ever thought about putting directional cooling fans in ther boxes? haha or would the air even be able to reach the speaker to cool it with all the air movement inside the box?

I think the fan would break...

You should smell a voice coils with 5kw going to it... or even a voice coil with about 10kw going to it... yuk, that smell sticks with you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

davesexplorer said:
I think the fan would break...

You should smell a voice coils with 5kw going to it... or even a voice coil with about 10kw going to it... yuk, that smell sticks with you.

does it ever!!! damn, i havent played my beat in a week just because i havent felt like it...been riding around with my windows down and when i park it at night..and i still smell it..but none of my speakers are blown, only the voice coils got a lil warm and smelly. :confused:

Back