• Register Today It's free!

Pioneer Multi-CD Issue

NYCKid

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT
I bought a Pioneer DEH-P6500 Receiver along with a Pioneer Premier CDX-P686 Multi-CD Player. Everything is hooked up but the receiver is NOT recognizing the Multi-CD Player. There IS power to the Multi-CD Player (Reset and Ejection of Magazine work), but "Multi CD" does not show up on the receiver. Is it just a matter of hooking up the Pioneer IP-Bus cable (blue to blue, black to black) and the power of the Multi-CD Player to the Receiver or is there another step that I am missing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats all I did to install my CDX-P1270 to my 740mp

Maybe the cable?`

Thanks for the reply. I am going back to the store to replace the IP-BUS cable and hopefully that's it.

It should just plug in. How old is the CD changer?

Brand spanking new

I just bought the CD Changer two a week ago from Hi-Fi Buys. The receiver was purchased a month ago. I am going to have the IP-Bus cable tested tomorrow and will let all of you know. I would hate to find out that it is the receiver and have to return it.

It's the receiver jack...

Confirmed that it is a bad jack on the back of the receiver. Connected a brand new cable from Pioneer and it still doesn't work. Connected the Multi-CD Player to a different receiver and it works. Now I might be out of a radio until they fix or replace the receiver. Thanks for the replies.

Again, thanks for the replies...

I got it fixed! It was the freaking receiver itself. The new Pioneer systems are basically plug-and-play. By simply attaching a Pioneer multi-cd player to the receiver using the IP-Bus cable, the receiver should have recognized it. I took it back to where I bought it and they did a swap out. As soon as it was connected, I was bouncing again.

Thanks again bros! Hope this is good karma for diablo!

...and I'm gone!

Back