Pioneer with backup camera

F14CRAZY

To the flo...
Reaction score
City, State
Dimondale, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 GT, '93 Limited
Howdy. My '92 has an AVH-P6400 in dash 6.5'' monitor. Via the RCA inputs, I am using a cheap Walmart DVD player powered by an inverter. DVD changers are too damn expensive.

Anyway, mostly for bragging, I would like to add a backup camera which will be using an RCA video input. However, as I see it, my deck only has one RCA input. Am I correct? What's a possible loophole besides unplugging and plugging RCA cables all the time :thumbdwn: ? Thanks guys.

I do believe the RCA video input is marked with "backup camera or video input" though :frustrate

couple things. you could go to radio shack or walmart and get one of those boxes for multiple rca connections with a button on top to switch back and forth ($15 @ radioshack). Those also switch audio connections. Or, you could just buy a switch for about 3 bucks and hardwire the rcas or maybe just some rca connectors to them. That's how I'd do it. This is all assuming you want to be using only one signal at a time.

Hmmm...I haven't thought of the switcher box. I guess that'll be my best route. Thank you.

Back