Plug Wires!

Redneck0907

Reaction score
City, State
Mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Limited AWD
Hey Everybody, 1 quick question.

is there a difference for the motorcraft wires for a 5.0 liter from 1997 to a 2000 engine.. they have different part numbers but i was wondering if they would still work and all.. because the motorcraft wires for a 97 i found for 60 dollars and for a 2000 was 110.. figured id try to save some cash.. thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only difference should be the length of each wire and the angle at the boot end. They both use the same type of connection to the coil pack.

Hey Everybody, 1 quick question.

is there a difference for the motorcraft wires for a 5.0 liter from 1997 to a 2000 engine.. they have different part numbers but i was wondering if they would still work and all.. because the motorcraft wires for a 97 i found for 60 dollars and for a 2000 was 110.. figured id try to save some cash.. thanks in advance

a parts store may let you compare them at the counter.

Kind of on the same note... I need to get a set of wires for my '97 Mounty (5.0) and see 2 styles listed... One style for "through 2/16/97" and the other "from 2/17/97"... I run out to the truck and look at the DOM... 2/97 :help:

Now what??

Kind of on the same note... I need to get a set of wires for my '97 Mounty (5.0) and see 2 styles listed... One style for "through 2/16/97" and the other "from 2/17/97"... I run out to the truck and look at the DOM... 2/97 :help:

Now what??

The early 5.0's had steel tubular headers and the later ones have the cast manifold type I believe. I know the early ones have metal covers on 2 of the wires on the drivers side at the plugs.

hmm... I have "headers", and Motocraft wires. I have owned the truck for almost 60K of its 155K miles, and to the best of my knowledge the wires have not been replaced... I have 1 metal heat shield...

Back