Po171 and po174 codes. No o2 voltage either | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Po171 and po174 codes. No o2 voltage either

scott4.0

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
I'm a little ashamed to say I have been neglecting my explorer lately. I have had the check engine light on for a bit and it's taken me a while to get around to checking it out. I have the po171 and po174 codes. I saw some things on the Internet where this could be pointing to my pcv hose. However, I checked out my o2 sensor voltage and it looks like sensor 1 and 2 for bank 1 and sensor 1 for bank 2 are reading 0volts. What are the chances that I'd have all my oxygen sensors go out? Is there a common controller that could make all these go out at once? Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you reading the heater wires or the signal wires?

Common fuse. I think is connected to A/C coil too - is that working?

I'll check it out. I found that my pcv hose was disconnected from the air filter. I hooked it up and it seems to be running better, but I need to put the scanner back on it. That wouldn't explain the 0v on all the o2 sensors.

depends on what your scanner is reading or NOT reading. There are lots of posts of erroneous scanner "outputs".... IF there was constant 0 volts from those sensors, you would be seeing other codes PLUS have some running issues.

budwich said:
depends on what your scanner is reading or NOT reading. There are lots of posts of erroneous scanner "outputs".... IF there was constant 0 volts from those sensors, you would be seeing other codes PLUS have some running issues.

Great news. It makes sense. Maybe I'll wait and see if any codes come back. Thanks for the tip

Back