Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

Thanks for the comments on the color. LK blue is hands down my favorite Ford fleet color, and personally I feel it's too nice to even be a fleet color. My LK CVPI was originally a black and white I repainted to LK, which says a lot about how much I like it and how glad I am to have an authentically LK car. I will admit that after seeing Super Troopers 2 last night and rekindling my love for the series, I'm a little disappointed I didn't get an ex-Vermont state police unit. They come up on auctionsinternational every now and then, but always seem to have a decent amount of rust, especially around the lift gate lock cylinder, and don't have a backup camera, inputs, etc. Maybe I'll get one of their Crown Vics someday and build a tribute car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My new PIU. Optioned with no police accessories, perfect. ;P

Will have to get some better pictures in he near future.

5-6-18_1.jpg

5-13-18_3.jpg

5-11-18_2.jpg

My new PIU. Optioned with no police accessories, perfect. ;P

Will have to get some better pictures in he near future.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your garage is way too clean and uncluttered.:)

Peter

Internet_1.jpg

Internet_2.jpg

Internet_3.jpg

Internet_4.jpg

Getting 403 Error when trying to open pictures in Google. Using Windows Edge, no pictures at all.

Peter

Still broken for me.

Pictures seem to have disappeared now.

Peter

I made a short video tour of my Interceptor just for fun.

Hello everyone!

New member with my 2nd Explorer in 22 years, this time a 2017 PIU. Bought it two days ago, technically used, but only had barely over 300 miles on it. I've been a volunteer first responder with various outfits since 1996, and an emergency vehicle hobbyist probably since high school, but haven't had an opportunity to purchase one until just recently. I always wanted a new one (or at least as close to new as possible), and we all know the kind of goatrope the manufacturers turn those new ones into. So, for all these years there either weren't any available or I was not in position to purchase one or both. That all changed last week. I finally found MY Interceptor. I wanted a darker color, interior upgrade package, big wheel covers and no spotlights, and here it is. Sorry about the awful pics.

I won't be putting any lights or other special equipment on it (well, maybe a cowcatcher). Partly because I get a department vehicle for my calls, and partly because this one is just too nice to mess with, I think.

Hope to learn a lot from this forum, this is my first SUV of any kind in well over a decade.

Ike
Ormond Beach, FL

Explorer1.jpg
Explorer3.jpg

The window sticker can be found here:

Explanation and picture of Ford Window Sticker

Welcome to the Forum Ike.:wave:
Very nice. 300 miles and no one's removed that tag?:)

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Ike.:wave:
Very nice. 300 miles and no one's removed that tag?:)

Peter

Which tag? The dealership tag on the front? I think it was one of the managers who drove it at least 200 of those 300 miles. I ordered a Fire Rescue tag for it already.

On the glovebox I think he means.

Which tag? The dealership tag on the front? I think it was one of the managers who drove it at least 200 of those 300 miles. I ordered a Fire Rescue tag for it already.
The yellow one above the glove box.

On the glovebox I think he means.

Ah! That's kinda one of my trademarks, I don't take those off until they fall off themselves eventually. Not really sure why, just something I do.

Did you get that from Griffin Ford out of Milwaukee?

Used 2017 Ford Utility Police Interceptor Base AWD Near Milwaukee WI For Sale | Waukesha WI | P26671

They have been buying up a lot of PIUs at Manheim for around $26-27K and turning them for ~$32,500 (pretty close to sticker).

Affirmative. I don't believe this one (and about nine others) came from Manheim, I believe they bought them from Peacock Ford here in Florida directly. In fact, I myself tried to purchase it from Peacock, but Griffin beat me to it. So, basically, the truck went from Greater Chicago to Florida, back to Greater Chicago and back to Florida.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford is usually pretty particular about not allowing actual new sales of PIUs to the proletariat. Must have been some kind of canceled special order or Griffin got a concession from Ford to remove the LE fleet only resale status.

Back