Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

2013 :)

334hzzb.jpg

Umbrella Corp on each side (In reflective)
To Punish And Enslave on the fenders
Vapid overlays on the front/rear ford logo
Decepticon black lettering on the rear hatch
Rear cargo cage
Unity Spotlight
Center console with Motorola XPR5550 UHF Motorola XPR5550 VHF, Harris Unity XG25M 7/800mhz system remote
Federal Signal/Feniex flashy lights in head lights/tail lights front window and amber directional in rear window with radar antenna
Whelen Cencom Gold with Federal Signal Rumblr
K&N Cold Air Intake
Front/rear camera recording system
Bluetooth start/lock unlock
...And thats about all thats going to get done to this beast.

Tell me more about this system remote with Bluetooth start/lock and unlock please

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

edougawa,
Looks similar to the setup that was functional on our 2013 PIU
from Homeland Security.
I deleted one set of Whelen Ions ambers for use on another project.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

2015 PIU

Upgrades
Black Front Black Ford Emblem
Black Headlights
Black Interceptor Hood Letters
HID kit
Back Up Camera
Leather Rear Passenger seats
20" Niche Black Rims with All Terrain Tires

Android 8.0 Head Unit with Color Screen + Back Up Camera viewing (google play store, youtube, apps, etc.)
Upgraded Interior Speakers
10" Subwoofer under driver seat.

Finally posting and selling on ebay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5574912417&icep_item=174302198575

What motor do you have? Reason I’m asking is I have a 3.7 and have been looking for a cold air intake but can’t find anything that will work.
Did you ever find a cold air intake. I'm looking for one for a 2016 FPIU 3.7L, please advise!

Did you ever find a cold air intake. I'm looking for one for a 2016 FPIU 3.7L, please advise!
FYI, the member you quoted hasn't been seen here since that message was posted on Jan. 11th, 2019.

Peter

Very nice, how do you like it so far??

Nice color!

It's certainly a change from the front wheel biased 2014 I've been driving. It drives more like a car and is much more forgiving and easier to drive. Exceptionally responsive and very fast. Braking is incredible. The platform is much improved... I believe our new recruits will wreck far fewer of these compared to the 2013-2019

Issues:
  • Drivers door misaligned such that when hitting bumps the "Door Ajar" chime blips, and when it was windy, the intrusion alarm would actually trigger.
  • Passenger door slightly less misaligned
  • Passenger ballistic panel rattles like crazy had to be opened up and fixed.
  • Rear hatch misaligned and doesn't close correctly
  • Within a weeks 3 out of 4 hubcaps went flying off at various times on the freeway. (Apparently a known issue in my build month)
  • TDM unplugged the rear camera plug and most of the functions in the rear hatch were dead. TDM was helpful in fixing this easily.
  • TDM crushed clip in the rear quarter interior trim, which left a 2 inch gap. This, combined with the one way venting to the outside in the lower quarter, made acceleration quite an experience with an afterburner sounding roar during heavy acceleration coming from the rear of the car.....I thought about leaving it that way.....
  • Ford has done nothing, in fact made it more difficult, to make it easy drop the headliner to install equipment.
  • The roof rails have been changed such that the centerline of the roof has very thin ribs for mounting antennas, and the ideal flat spot on the roof has a support bow on the underside, also leaving complex issues for unfitting antennas.

I, too, have traded in my Gen V for a Gen VI. I'll do a more detailed report in the Gen VI section once I drive it a little more. So far I only drove it from Cleveland, GA, to ATL airport in near-freezing rain, so I didn't get a chance to really test it out. Here it is at ATL parking ramp. I'm also attaching a copy of the window sticker for those who are curious.

ATLphoto.jpg

Attachments

• 2021sticker.pdf
    726.6 KB · Views: 183

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

View attachment 316797
View attachment 316798
View attachment 316799View attachment 316800
View attachment 316801
View attachment 316802

2015 PIU

Upgrades
Black Front Black Ford Emblem
Black Headlights
Black Interceptor Hood Letters
HID kit
Back Up Camera
Leather Rear Passenger seats
20" Niche Black Rims with All Terrain Tires

Android 8.0 Head Unit with Color Screen + Back Up Camera viewing (google play store, youtube, apps, etc.)
Upgraded Interior Speakers
10" Subwoofer under driver seat.

Finally posting and selling on ebay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5574912417&icep_item=174302198575
Hey Explint - not sure if you're still here in the Forum, but curious if you know which pushbar manufacturer those mounts are for. I think I have the same ones — they're definitely not Setina. Thinking they may be GoRhino. Thanks.

Hey Explint - not sure if you're still here in the Forum, but curious if you know which pushbar manufacturer those mounts are for. I think I have the same ones — they're definitely not Setina. Thinking they may be GoRhino. Thanks.
FYI, the member was last seen here on June 3, 2020. Perhaps another member may know if he no longer follows the thread.

Peter

Tell me more about this system remote with Bluetooth start/lock and unlock please
I bought one through 12Volt Solutions for my 2017 PIU. Easy to install and program. Works great except you have to set the heating controls prior to turning off the rig. So defrost in the morning and not A/C. Worth the $ for me but then again I didn't get a fob with the car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought one through 12Volt Solutions for my 2017 PIU. Easy to install and program. Works great except you have to set the heating controls prior to turning off the rig. So defrost in the morning and not A/C. Worth the $ for me but then again I didn't get a fob with the car.
Welcome to the 5th gen Forums. :wave:Now to update your profile.
The retail units have two settings for the Climate, AUTO and LAST SETTINGS. With the latter, you get what you are experiencing.

Peter

Back