• Register Today It's free!

Power Mirror questions

dogginfox

Reaction score
City, State
Athens, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
I was hit by a deer a few weeks ago and my drivers side mirror on my 02xlt was destroyed. I ordered a replacement mirror and it turns out to be for a 02 sportrack. The company I bought it from is refusing to let me send it back for a refund. So now im stuck with a mirror that does not fit! The mounting frame seems to be a tad to large so i thought i could trim it up and make it work, My problem is with the wiring. Does anyone know if i can make my own connector and make this work or am I out 60 bones plus the cost of the Correct mirror?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why will they not let you send it back and exchange it for another? If you never told them it was for a Sport Trac and it was just for an Explorer, then they are at fault. Otherwise, you may need to go to a parking lot, bust a Sport Tracs mirror, wait on the owner and say,"I noticed your mirror is broke, I have a new one I could sell you?"

Apparently they are one of the Ebay stores everyone should stay away from. Is there no way to re wire the mirror?

No, not in this case... You need to resolve this with Ebay. Can I ask how much you paid? I have a driver's mirror w/puddle lamp, non heated mirror.

I just sent a complaint to Ebay. How can there be no way to re wire the unit when both mirrors have 5 wires and I have the male and female connectors from so all i have to do is figure out what pin goes where and splice the new wires in?

I will send you the mirror for shipping charges only... Just tell us who the ba$tard is on Ebay, so we can avoid him/her.

The company is ePartsPal.com I spent over 2 hrs on hold with their customer service today:rolleyes: I really learned my lesson on this one; Sometimes cheaper with free shipping is not always the way to go.

Donner- That is very kind of you. I will gladly take you up on that offer if it still stands. My Zip is 30606. Any Idea how much shipping will run?

Pm me your shipping address and I'll let you know tomoro morning. I don't think it'll cost much... Ebay promised to weed out these types of sellers, and they have not. Sheesh... Keep fighting for a refund tho, but the mirror I'll send. Keep any bolts that you have from the original... I don't have the bolts available.

Back