Power Seat Failure | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Seat Failure

KINNEY201

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT V8
1997 Ford Explorer XLT Eddie Bauer V8

For several months now, I have been unable to move my driver's side power seat forward. The seat will go back, up, and down, but not forward. The other day I decided to mess with it, so I jiggled the button and to my surprise it moved forward. Once I let go of the button however, it went back to not working. Does this mean that the switch is bad? Do I just replace the button or switch itself? Is it pretty easy to do? Thanks!

Get a wiring diagram and plug the Forward wires directly on a car battery if it go forward without problems then its the switch . If its ok then test the switch and measure the resistance of the wires between the switch and the seat so you gonn see if theres corrosion in wires...it happens whe ncalcium go in wires.

1997 Ford Explorer XLT Eddie Bauer V8

For several months now, I have been unable to move my driver's side power seat forward. The seat will go back, up, and down, but not forward. The other day I decided to mess with it, so I jiggled the button and to my surprise it moved forward. Once I let go of the button however, it went back to not working. Does this mean that the switch is bad? Do I just replace the button or switch itself? Is it pretty easy to do? Thanks!

sounds like a problem i had with my passenger seat a while back, but i end up taking it to a shop n having them fixing it, dont remember where the problem lied...

Back