• Register Today It's free!

Power steering line size...?

Justawajz

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Mountaineer
Anyone know what size the line in on the high pressure side for the steering pump on a 2nd gen v8.. I'm trying to use -6 an lines to replace the stock. I have one for the rack, just can't figure out the pump. Anyone done this...?

You should use a pre-made high pressure hose due to the need for special fitings at the pump. You should do all you hoses at the same time. If you have a pump with a reservoir that sits above, you will need to buy hose by the foot. BE SURE to get POWER STEERING hose. you'll need 3/8" x 24-30" cooler outlet to reservoir inlet. 5/8" x 6-8" for reservoir to pump. The last time I pulled my engine, I replaced everything but the cooler & rack.

You should use a pre-made high pressure hose due to the need for special fitings at the pump. You should do all you hoses at the same time. If you have a pump with a reservoir that sits above, you will need to buy hose by the foot. BE SURE to get POWER STEERING hose. you'll need 3/8" x 24-30" cooler outlet to reservoir inlet. 5/8" x 6-8" for reservoir to pump. The last time I pulled my engine, I replaced everything but the cooler & rack.

Alright I will check it out. Thanks, where did you get the fittings... Summit... Jegs.?

The special fitings are already part of the pressure line. I got my hose & lines from Rockauto. I can not get Rockauto prices even w/shipping. If, I need it today I go local. I got my reman pump from a local parts dealer where I have an account with. If you buy the filter w/reman pump you get life time warranty.

Back