• Register Today It's free!

Power Window Problem

Kyle M

Reaction score
City, State
Howard City, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer
Maybe someone can help shed a little light on this for me....it is a 95 Explorer Sport. The power windows do not work. I have tested the switches and the motors and they all work. If I jump power to my drivers door switch, all my windows go up and down. I appears that the main power wire that runs the windows do not have power. I have traced the wire up under the dash and have found no breaks in it but I can't really follow it any further without tearing the dash appart. Anyone have any ideas??

Also, the power mirrors and door locks still work, just not the windows....is there some kind of a relay or something I should be looking for?

Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the fuses?

check your battery saver and access. delay relays with meter for operation and voltage.

The fuses are good.

Where are the battery saver and delay relays located?

Thanks!

I picked up a power window relay and a delay relay today. I will check it out and get back.

I located the relays under the dash, replaced the delay relay and I now have working windows. Thanks for the tips!

part number for relay

Can anyone help me with a part number for the power window relay on a 1998 mountaineer? Local parts store could not find it

Back