Power Window Trouble

dking

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winterville,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992/2000 Explorer XLT
Power window on the driver side is doing something new today. Windows rolls down with no problem but when I roll it back up the back end comes higher than front and jumps the track. I have not had a chance to look at since I have to work tonight. Looking for some suggestions as what it could be. Does anyone have any input? I'll work on it tomorrow morning after I get off form work.

Pulled the door panel off and found that one of the metal clips that holds the glass window to the track has come off the glass. Looks like some kind of silicone adheres the glass to the clip. The forward clip seems to be the problem. Does anyone know what kind and where I should buy some silicone to do the repair? Has anyone had this problem before?

I repaired the window yesterday. There are two metal clips that attach the glass window to the regulator. One of the clips came off the glass window causing the window when raised to jump out of the track. Removed the glass from the other clip and drilled the rivets out that hold the clips to the regulator. I had to remove the old silicone from the clips and apply new silicone adhesive to the clip. Then bolt the clips back to the regulator. Place the glass window back into the clips and raised the window up and let it set for 24 hours. Works great for now. I hope it holds.

Hey I know this is a year old, but did it hold? I have the same problem and tried fixing it with JB Kwik Weld, to no avail. that stuff did not stick to the glass like it said it would. What did you use?

Back