• Register Today It's free!

power windows

showmeaudio71

Reaction score
City, State
JEFFERSON CITY,MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 FORD EXPLORER SPORT
I have aq 2001 ford explorer sport and the windows both quit working yesterday.No fuses r blown and have power to the master switch? Does any1 have any idea about this ? Any help would b appreciated !!:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BUT.... I do believe that voltage comes to the switch and leaves itback thru the door to go back to the window... :) I suspect you have the "standard broken door wiring" issue especially IF no windows work from any switch.... lots of posts about wire breaks thru the door conduit.

I have checked the wires between the door and the vehicle, there are no broken wires or cut wires. I now have no power what so ever anywhere. Any idea's ?

your best bet is to check for voltage arriving AND leaving the switch (master)... from there you can then "wonder" along the cable wiring towards the door. NOTE: "standard broken wire" doesn't necessarily mean "visual broken wire"... you might have to meter... maybe.

:usa:Took it 2 the shop this morning and they found the problem with my windows. It has 2 have a new fuse box under the hood.Thank for the help everyone !!!

:usa:Took it 2 the shop this morning and they found the problem with my windows. It has 2 have a new fuse box under the hood.Thank for the help everyone !!!

New fuse box "might" be possible, but beware that it would be easy for a shop to bill you for a more expensive repair instead of the (1 hour minimum labor) cost of soldering a wire together again and admitting you were billed an hour for 10 minutes work.

After you get the vehicle back you should check the wiring to see if they repaired that. I'd ask for the old fuse box back too, so if it turns out they did fix a wire you can insist a refund for the fuse box repair.

I agree- something doesn't jive with that fix...

That's pretty funny.... I guess in the end... what ever it takes to make it work is the "right answer". Me thinks there is a whole lot more to this story. Hopefully, that's the end of it but I am not sure how "having voltage at the switches" (first post) is "solved" by replacing a fuse box... there are NO fuses in the circuit after the switches...:confused:

That's pretty funny.... I guess in the end... what ever it takes to make it work is the "right answer". Me thinks there is a whole lot more to this story. Hopefully, that's the end of it but I am not sure how "having voltage at the switches" (first post) is "solved" by replacing a fuse box... there are NO fuses in the circuit after the switches...:confused:

I've been dealing with this company for about 12 years and i'm friend's with the owners wife, so i trust them completely. Everytime they stop working, i get under the hood and play with the wires where they go into the fusebox and they start working again.
:usa:

Everytime they stop working, i get under the hood and play with the wires where they go into the fusebox and they start working again.
When you post on an automotive forum looking for help, it's extremely helpful to the good folks reading your help request if you'll give the whole story up front. Not doing so is kinda like that whole needle in a haystack thingy. :D

When you post on an automotive forum looking for help, it's extremely helpful to the good folks reading your help request if you'll give the whole story up front. Not doing so is kinda like that whole needle in a haystack thingy. :D

I gave my whole story up front on the power windows, i don't know who ur talking 2.

I gave my whole story up front on the power windows, i don't know who ur talking 2.
Except for the part about the fuse box, and your messing with it to get the windows to work. :rolleyes:

Except for the part about the fuse box, and your messing with it to get the windows to work. :rolleyes:

I came on here, aired what my problem was amd people here gave me some suggestions to as what it might be.I checked those things and that was not the problem.So i went to the shop and this is where the problem is on mine.So please do me a favor, if u don't have anything constuctive 2 say, please don't open ur mouth, THANK YOU, HAVE A NICE DAY !!!!

That's because you didn't give the whole story up front. Have a nice day.

gmanpaint—response above, relay under dash above the gas peddle, fixed my power windows issue. I replaced the relay all good now. My windows were working intermittently, could not find a broken wire in the door jam.

Thanks, gmanpaint!!!

Back