• Register Today It's free!

Powered Seat Replacement Help

one

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Eddie Bauer
I have a 1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with powered seats. Driver and passenger seats were broken beyond repair and I was able to get a hold of a couple nice ones from a Limited (not sure what year). The passenger seat bolted in just fine the wire fit perfectly. All the power functions work as well. When it came to the driver seat "no deal". It bolts in fine but the connector from the seat to the floor is different.

Is there an adapter or anything for the seat
b026e882.jpg

to connect to the floor wire
be0fd01b.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nope- I had Limited seats in my XLT and it was all trial and error. Some of the wires will not be used, they are for the seat memory buttons. You cannot match color to color, the functions will not be the same. Actually, you can do that, but the expected function when running the buttons will run different things.

Good to know. All I really wanted to do was move the seat up, down, back and foward. Not so much the using the memory function. I guess I'll just go the trial and error route (project for tonight). Thanks for the response. If there are any tips/advice please feel free to leave them here.

About the only option you have if you don't want to cut some wires is to get another harness end and move the wires from one to the other so they plug nicely, but you'll still have the trial-and-error unless someone has a specific wiring diagram...

Back