PPE custom downpipes for the Explorer Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PPE custom downpipes for the Explorer Sport

If you are local, yes they can be picked up and I will arrange for a pre/post dyno. Send me a PM and I will arrange for special pricing, installation and dyno time at a reduced price.

Is this offer still good?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not at this time, sorry.
We know the downpipes work, as with any 2.5" if you add them to your ecoboost they will make more power and decrease spool time.

With the down pipes I went from around 380 awtq (just a tune) to over 410 awtq (custom tune for downpipes). My hp did not improve enough to be noticeable (~335awhp) but the spool up was quicker and the torque band much fatter.

Will the catless ones through a CEL? Any videos on what they sound like installed?

Catless will through a CEL, you can tune that out however.
I don't have any videos of them installed. If I could find a local guy I would have videos, dynos, install information etc. :(

still waiting on the HP/ Torque results of this product.....

"Bueller....., Bueller....., Bueller...."

still waiting on the HP/ Torque results of this product.....

"Bueller....., Bueller....., Bueller...."
Unless somebody buys them and installs and tests pre/post it won't happen unfortunately. Lots of discussion on eb-pf.com on the sho version which is identical except a small bend

Will the catless ones through a CEL? Any videos on what they sound like installed?

There is almost ZERO difference in sound with the catted ones. You can barely hear the turbos more, and there a slight throaty sound but its very hard to tell. Its nothing like a cat back or changing the mufflers.

The catless probably add some sound, my other turbo cars were catless and always were louder after.

Here is a dyno chart Stock (3rd gear) vs Tuned with PPE catted downpipes (4th gear).

Stock
Stock_zpszntnxcp8.png

PPE Catted
PPE%20Catted_zpsnm0vjzsi.png

This is what I would call a street tune. 93 octane, stock everything else except the tune and catted PPE downpipes.

Awesome thanks for the dyno sheets!

How hard was the install? Can it be a garage install? Or do you recommend a professional install?

How hard was the install? Can it be a garage install? Or do you recommend a professional install?
Have you done headers before, if so pretty easy in comparison, if not then I would have a shop do them.

any parts for a 2016 Platinum/Sport yet?

Nice numbers. Aside from your tune and the PPE downpipes, what other mods do you have that impacted the HP and TQ gains.

I have the Lund tune, Magnaflow exhaust and AirAid intake. I am trying to determine how much actual gain I would realize.

Thanks

Reviving this thread and I see a common request for Dyno testing.

For those in the DFW Metroplex area there is a shop in Plano....NE Dallas area......I had them do a pre/post Dyno pull on my 2014 Taurus SHO. Gained almost 60 AWHP with the tune.. the driveline loss went from almost 40% 365/256 advertised/actual to 365/322 advertised/actual. Remember manufacturers HP ratings are the engine itself and driveline/vehicle weight resistance and drag are not factored in.

Back to Plano the ace is COBB tuning and they worked the SHO in early morning before it got too hot. Price was $99 for three pulls to get the best of the three for record. I did initial pull with 87 octane and factory settings. Post tune pull was with Livernois 93 Octane tune. They specialize in 4 cylinder vehicles but with performance tunes. This was one of their first V6 tunes. They have experience in the EcoBoost family but first V6 and they did fine.

Hopefully by now they might have gotten more experience and infrastructure for V6 EB engines.

Would these pipes make sense to put on the 3.5 NA V6? Or would they need to be remanufactured to work better with it?

Guys we came to market first with the Ecoboost V6 downpipes that passed emissions, we also make sure to take care of you on pricing. Others have followed but we'll still lead the way. New pricing for catted and catless pipes:
$799.00 + shipping for the catted pipes
$649.00 + shipping for offroad pipes

These pipes come with everything you need to install on your Explorer sport, the catted ones do not throw codes. You can put it right on your STOCK explorer sport and they will work just like factory.

These pipes were designed and proven on the dyno, the same cats and almost identical pipes (small bend difference for engine cradle) made 600HP on my Ecoboost V6 Flex. They are constructed of US T304 Stainless steel and bolt directly into place of factory downpipes. They are made in the US and work with stock or any other tuners calibrations. They reduce backpressure and the cats have shown to pick up power down low compared to the stock pipes even on stock tune.

Let me know if you have any questions!

The pipes are not EPA compliant and will not pass in CA.
So your saying that the cated down pipes will not pass California?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you are local, yes they can be picked up and I will arrange for a pre/post dyno. Send me a PM and I will arrange for special pricing, installation and dyno time at a reduced price.
Where are you guys located?

Back