PPE custom downpipes for the Explorer Sport | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PPE custom downpipes for the Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are no longer a site vendor and were last seen here on Match 30, 2016.

Peter
I will do some looking into, my buddy owns PPE but I had no idea they were working on the EcoBoost pipes. They used to supply me with all my Duramax, Dodge and Ford parts. Now I'm looking to go crazy with my Explorer Sport. I used to own a Speed Shop here in So.Cal. I will keep you guys updated on mods. I have even toyed around with dropping a Shelby motor in it. In order for me to do that I need to change the drivetrain out to a MBZ G63 drivetrain. It's about the only thing that will handle the torque without blowing apart. Like I said I like to go crazy. I live between 3 drag strips California Speedway, Pomona NHRA Track and Irwindale Speedway and I used to supply all three of them. I will keep you guys updated! Thanks again for letting me know.

You can find downpipes for the Explorer but the bigger issue is you being in CA. How are you going to pass emissions? Downpipes will fail. Not CARB approved. You would have to go back to stock tune as well to pass. If you want to go big get new fuel tank pump, new HPFP, meth, exhaust, intake, larger turbos, plugs, upgraded intercooler, E85, 3 bar MAP, and push boost/timing until you knock, pop a piston, smoke the clutches in the trans, or roast the PTU. LOL. Not sure where our injectors max out at. I am running a very mild setup. Also weight reduction could be huge. I scale out at 5,030 lbs with me and full fuel. That is a lot of weight!

You can find downpipes for the Explorer but the bigger issue is you being in CA. How are you going to pass emissions? Downpipes will fail. Not CARB approved. You would have to go back to stock tune as well to pass. If you want to go big get new fuel tank pump, new HPFP, meth, exhaust, intake, larger turbos, plugs, upgraded intercooler, E85, 3 bar MAP, and push boost/timing until you knock, pop a piston, smoke the clutches in the trans, or roast the PTU. LOL. Not sure where our injectors max out at. I am running a very mild setup. Also weight reduction could be huge. I scale out at 5,030 lbs with me and full fuel. That is a lot of weight!
Not sure yet but looking into it. I used to have a race team out here with a twin turbo car running 6.18 @ 228mph in the 1/4 . I will get this truck moving. PPE used to do my dually 4x4 duramax. I used to run their tune they ran the drags with on the street. At irwindale I would smoke Z06's and Cobras.
PPE has always had top quality parts!

I don't think PPE is that relevant in the Ecoboost game.

The best bang for the buck is a tune and 3 bar. If you want to beat SRT8 Jeeps and alike you will definitely need meth and or bigger turbos. As already mentioned, the PTU will explode at some point near max power so be ready for that haha

The best bang for the buck is a tune and 3 bar. If you want to beat SRT8 Jeeps and alike you will definitely need meth and or bigger turbos. As already mentioned, the PTU will explode at some point near max power so be ready for that haha
Well we built a 1600hp motor for my ex-partners SRT8 Cherokee and it runs 8's all day in the 1/4. We went through transfer cases, rear cases and axles. Now it's strong as an ox! Trial and error. I already know fords unit won't hold up to power. Nothing is impossible. When someone tells me no, I find a way! It's exactly why I look more towards the Shelby powerplant. I can play with the eco while I get everything together for surgery. 👍😎🇺🇸

Well we built a 1600hp motor for my ex-partners SRT8 Cherokee and it runs 8's all day in the 1/4. We went through transfer cases, rear cases and axles. Now it's strong as an ox! Trial and error. I already know fords unit won't hold up to power. Nothing is impossible. When someone tells me no, I find a way! It's exactly why I look more towards the Shelby powerplant. I can play with the eco while I get everything together for surgery. 👍😎🇺🇸
If you want to get ideas on things to do to your XSport, follow my build. I'm very plugged into the performance scene on this platform and you likely won't find anyone who can help you on here as much as I could (I'm not special, just been playing with this platform for a long time and have discovered many of it's nuances):

My blog:

My YouTube:

And both my FB and IG name is:
4theworkshop

If you want to get ideas on things to do to your XSport, follow my build. I'm very plugged into the performance scene on this platform and you likely won't find anyone who can help you on here as much as I could (I'm not special, just been playing with this platform for a long time and have discovered many of it's nuances):

My blog:

My YouTube:

And both my FB and IG name is:
4theworkshop
Thank you. I will dig into your videos.

They may not be too relevant but they definitely sell quality built pipes. I have their catless ceramic coated downpipes installed and while they were expensive ($1100) I'm glad I installed them. I went with the ceramic coating so I could mitigate some of the heat buildup issue around the PTU/rear turbo.

Also gave my Ex a bit more of an exhaust note to it while making the turbo spooling more apparent.

They may not be too relevant but they definitely sell quality built pipes. I have their catless ceramic coated downpipes installed and while they were expensive ($1100) I'm glad I installed them. I went with the ceramic coating so I could mitigate some of the heat buildup issue around the PTU/rear turbo.

Also gave my Ex a bit more of an exhaust note to it while making the turbo spooling more apparent.
Good to know.
Thanks!

Yes, PPE is probably the better of all the aftermarket DPs out there. You can always go custom made:

20200608_0959491.jpg

I don't believe they sell catless anymore. And catted hi flow pipes are listed at $1800 on the PPE website for the X-Sport...

I don't believe they sell catless anymore. And catted hi flow pipes are listed at $1800 on the PPE website for the X-Sport...
I'll check and see what they have. Tales me about 30 minutes to drive over.

Back