• Register Today It's free!

Pre-Runner / Push Bumper Combo

thegaffney

Reaction score
City, State
Kingman, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
I got a spot in for the end of Oct at a race shop to make a customer bumper for me that will work with my push bumper, and it will be much easier for them to see what I want then to guess what I want done,

So I made them (and myself ha) some 3D rendering of the finished look, I made up a quick front end of my truck, added my push bumper, then made the other bumper with what room I had left, and heres what I came up with

Like the 35" slicks? :D

render2.jpg

render1.jpg

these dimensions are off a blueprint for the truck which arent exact, so unit the end of oct ill make the model of the front end more exact by taking my own measurements and perfecting it so that its perfectly to scale

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I was going through all that I'd get a winch bumper.

agreed

First, the modeling looks great, what program is that?

Second, prerunner style trucks typically don't need winches. To the previous two posters, no offense, but the type of offroading you do in Maryland and Virginia is different than what can be done in Arizona.

Third, it's pointless to add the prerunner bumper behind the push guard. Get rid of the push guard so the prerunner bumper can do its job, and if you want protection around the lights and grill, try something like this...
99116366_l.jpg

thanks, I use Cinema 4D, I know its not funcional back there, I basically want something extra on the bottom to hide whats back there, like the frame end and what not, and also want to have a skid plate to cover up the radiator, make it look a little nicer

I have another idea though now that I actually got to see the truck, Ill work on it and put it up here when i got it done

here is a lot more simple idea,

the skid plate will be attached to the push bumper, and then a simple tube bumper to make use of the end of the frame, and give something to look at instead of nothing on the sides

render3.jpg

need to lose the whole push bar "bars" dosn't work. Go with a boxed bottom for pushing and a prerunner top. Kinda like mine but different.

04282007057.jpg

need to lose the whole push bar "bars" dosn't work. Go with a boxed bottom for pushing and a prerunner top. Kinda like mine but different.

That is a great looking bumper, and a whole lot more functional than a brush guard.

I'm not really a fan of huge stingers or anything but I do like a winch hoop or small stinger type setup.

Back