preload and backlash numbers for a 97' | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

preload and backlash numbers for a 97'

lwillits01

Reaction score
I have a 97' explorer 4x4 and i took it to a local shop here in england to get the pinion bearings replaced in the differential. I have been without it for a month now with them working on it and now they called me asking for the preload on the pinion bearing and the backlash on the crownwheel and pinion inside the rear differential. I can not find this info in my hanes manual or in my shops manuals. Any help would be appreciated. They said they would just play with it till they got it... but i am paying about 100.000 an hour for them to play...
thanks
Lloyd:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for that informatin. But i could not get the cd to download correctly to view the information. So , i still do not have the answer. Any other ideas?

Um, quick question. Why would you trust someone to work on you truck that can't even find the specs on what their working on?

Thanks JD and Brooklyn the last page on the yukon installation kit was the information they / I needed; and to answer your question ammo. I am in England with an american spec 4X4 not many places will even touch it. At my second job, i work at an auto skills center and none of my mechanics would touch it and they all recommended this place. I had to drive an hour just to get it to them. How was i suppsoed to know they wouldn't be able to find the specs? One day when i develop my psychic abilities i will not have to worry about these little problems but untill then... i do the best i can.
Thanks again guys for all the great help.
Lloyd

lwillits01 -- it would be nice if you filled in the "Country" field in the User's Control Panel (aka "User CP" on the upper left title bar) :)

i am getting ready to move back to the states so i was waiting untill i got back and settled down to fill out all that stuff. But, i will and that is why i put where i was in my original post.

Back