Prerunner/Dual Purpose 94 Build | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prerunner/Dual Purpose 94 Build

Are they getting rare? I know I had a heck of a time finding one that was not beat into the ground. I looked at I believe 5, before I found this one. All had non working windows, massive oil leaks, and horrible interiors.

This truck does have 190,000 miles. The previous owner worked for Ford and she owned it for 10+ years. It's got it's quirks, but overall it's pretty solid.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Starting to.

The thing is you can get one that is running for $1,000 so people just use 'em up like toilet paper.

You know the type; a vehicle is just a tool to them. Their not "car people".

At that price they don't even change the oil, put used tires on it and run it till the water pump blows, then it's off to the junk yard.

Here's my other ride, probably even more rare. Been building this one for a few years now, & has been in the family for 17 years.

2b9d068a-6557-44d1-8758-e520ce15fc77_zpsd42ca173.jpg

are you on full size bronco forum I thought I saw that Bronco over their.
Trav

Swapped out to LED's up front. I also put LED's in the dome/map lights, & door lights. The license plate was flat when it went on!

DA609575-452C-4CE3-AE43-29FC33918994_zpsgfnjhimt.jpg

Nice Looks Good ! , I would sell my clear tails for $125 + shipping , Not trying to take a sell from a fellow member , but mine are used and have been modified slightly .

Here's a set of the clear tail lights on eBay.... .

dude want's $250 though. [edit] My bad; that's member Anime Maybe he'll cut a deal for a member.

I dont need/want them that bad!

I also have them for sale on the forum. Those are priced that way because they are the ones that look OE, not just with fluted lenses and reflectors, no aftermarket logos or anything else. There are only a few pairs of those left on the planet. I'm also not in any rush to get rid of them cheap since I might have a use for them in the future.

Swapped out to LED's up front. I also put LED's in the dome/map lights, & door lights. The license plate was flat when it went on!

White LEDs in the turn signals/markers? They seem to have a "hyper white" look with the blue tinge showing up in the photo. If that's really the case, I strongly suggest you get amber covers for the LED bulbs, get amber LEDs, or switch back to regular amber bulbs.

The law in most places requires front turn signals to be amber, and while a few old vehicles with white markers/turn signals are grandfathered in (or they get a light warning and a suggestion to use amber bulbs), the "blue tinge" will be a problem if a police officer ever observes it. It is against the law to use blue or blue-ish lights on a vehicle that isn't for law enforcement. Depending on the officer, you might either just get stopped and told to change out the bulbs ASAP, or you might get arrested on the spot and your vehicle impounded.

It's already pushing it to have the clear reflectors with no amber backup, like a 3M reflective strip or some small adhesive reflector - since the law requires side-facing amber reflectors. Having no amber reflector AND white turn signals/markers is almost asking to be pulled over for it.

Just a friendly warning for you to avoid possible issues.

Nice Looks Good ! , I would sell my clear tails for $125 + shipping , Not trying to take a sell from a fellow member , but mine are used and have been modified slightly.

If you want clear tails, this is a deal.

White LEDs in the turn signals/markers? They seem to have a "hyper white" look with the blue tinge showing up in the photo.

Depending on the officer, you might either just get stopped and told to change out the bulbs ASAP, or you might get arrested on the spot and your vehicle impounded.

They are more white in person, the day time pic, and the yellow headlight throw off the colors a bit.

In Southern California, they are modified cars every where, my Explorer does not stand out at all. I honestly have zero concerns.

In Southern California, they are modified cars every where, my Explorer does not stand out at all. I honestly have zero concerns.

There's a big difference between a 'modified vehicle' and one with illegal lighting. A lot of them, especially the ones with new aftermarket LED lights, actually comply with the law and have the correct red/amber colors and even the required reflectors integrated into the housing.

Just a heads up, as illegal lighting is one of the most common excuses for cops to pull someone over, whether it's blue/white bulbs or clear lenses, and the kind of cops that use such things as excuses to pull people over are often good to have concerns about. Be safe.

Like I said, I'm not worried. You cant drive 5 minutes around here without being blinded by HID's. I had a Ranger that was 6 inches wider per side with huge fiberglass fenders, clear corners, and blueish HID's that pointed to the sky. Drove it for years with no issues.

Your town has a population of 47,000, my town has 1.3 million people. Cops have better things to do than hassle people with led lights.

Like I said, I'm not worried. You cant drive 5 minutes around here without being blinded by HID's. I had a Ranger that was 6 inches wider per side with huge fiberglass fenders, clear corners, and blueish HID's that pointed to the sky. Drove it for years with no issues.

Sounds like a problem being contributed to.

Your town has a population of 47,000, my town has 1.3 million people. Cops have better things to do than hassle people with led lights.

A higher population might give you slightly better odds, even though the number of traffic cops is higher for a larger city, but there are those that will get you for it in any city in any state, it's just a matter of time.

Better just to be on the safe side anyway - for your own safety if nothing else. A blinking white light might not be apparent as a turn signal to some drivers.

Been working on converting every bulb in this thing to an LED. So far I've put LED's in the doors, dome light, map lights, converted the rear dome to a 194 LED, glove box, under the hood, turn signals, and corner lights. I'm going to do 8 ft of this strip style lighting under each side next.

D2157D57-C3D7-4AA8-B7ED-4A5D0A9B2C3B_zpsjqwitofp.jpg

Been working on converting every bulb in this thing to an LED. So far I've put LED's in the doors, dome light, map lights, converted the rear dome to a 194 LED, glove box, under the hood, turn signals, and corner lights. I'm going to do 8 ft of this strip style lighting under each side next.

D2157D57-C3D7-4AA8-B7ED-4A5D0A9B2C3B_zpsjqwitofp.jpg

nice upgrades , looking good ! , that battery you have the mega tron II is a good battery , we sell them where I work .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking great your explorer looks similar to ours which is funny because both are names are Travis. LOL
Trav

Back