Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Ellicott City, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
Price for OME Springs

Alrighty,

I'm planning on making a purchase of Old Man Emu springs and the first place I checked was 4x4 Connection. I was quoted $235 each. Benefit with them is that I can pick them up and shipping will only cost me $25.00 Anyone else know of a better deal than that?

Thanks,
Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Call 4 wheel parts.

Oh ok, didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know!

Tim,
That sounds really high. I would call ARB and see if there is anyone you can deal with. If I remember Tom Wilk bought his for around 135 bucks each.

Any recent prices of these? also where to buy in the midwest? Thanks!

If you go to ARB's site and ask for a catalog, they will send you a list of retailers with the catalog.

Well, I've looked around and $235 was one of, if not the lowest I was able to find. The price of 2 springs for our Explorers is either more than or darn close to the price of other SUV's. For any other vehicle, $470 would cover springs and shocks.

Last time I looked for OME shocks for Explorers, I was told that the rears would be between $60-70 each and the fronts would be at best $100 each! And I priced around.

At any rate, yeah I'd like to get the OME setup, but not that much.

I seem to remember that Tom Wilk only spent around $600.00 total for shocks and springs. You might want to email him and see about that. From what you say you're looking at around 800 bucks. That's crazy. I wouldn't pay that much either. Good stuff, but not for 800 bucks

I to am looking into the OME springs and just requested a catalog from the ARB site today. I also contacted Ford Parts Network and for the "F" rated spring pack they quote me $148.99 ea so $235 for OME doesn't look that bad.

Originally posted by NoBoundaries
. . .Last time I looked for OME shocks for Explorers, I was told that the rears would be between $60-70 each and the fronts would be at best $100 each! And I priced around. . .
Thats about what I got when I looked. . .at that price I'm happy to exchange my lifetime warranty Gabriels every 5,000 miles. . .

Just got some new information...

I turns out that ARB sent out the wrong price on the front shocks.

I sent an e-mail to the Eastern Sales Manager express my concern over the high price of the suspension. He stated in his responce that the shocks are $60-70 each. This struck me as odd because I knew the price for the front were not $60-70. I called ARB and talked to them about it. Mark at ARB informed me that someone must have had it wrong and to contact some of there larger retailers. I did and came up with front shocks over $100 each.

Called Mark back and told him that everyone I talked to was over $100 on the front shocks. Long story short, he checked everything and it turns out that the price list they sent out listed the front shock incorrectly (It's been that way for a while because I started pricing just after Tom got his). They had never received a call about it before and I suppose the reason for that is that most people here that the front shocks are over $100 each and simply turn away and find something else.

So, I found 4Wheel Parts has the best prices on everything.

Springs: $214.95
Front and Rear Shocks (should and will be): $62.95 each

Be sure to note the incorrect pricing on the front shocks and if they have any questions, tell them to call ARB.

I didn't order from 4Wheel Parts today because the accounting people they staff who would resolve the issue of the misprinted price list are not in, so I am calling tomorrow and ordering everything. A note about 4Wheel Parts, they seem to have no idea what OME is, so tell them you want to order ARB suspension.

To those who have already purchased the overly priced front shocks, be sure to make a phone call to ARB.

Hope this helps everyone!

ARB: 1-888-427-2872
4Wheel Parts: 1-800-421-1050

Called Nick at 4Wheel Parts Memphis and ordered everything and picked up the 10% discount and free shipping!

He also gave me the actual price for the front shocks.

The springs are more than I would usually be willing to spend. They beat everyone else's prices, but it's still high. My thought is that it's just a case of demand setting price. The more people by them, the better the price. Of course, you can only sell so many of them when your shocks are incorrectly priced by well over $40.

All I have to say is these things better be good! Everyone I have talked to says it's worth it and to go for it. I figured with the free shipping and 10% off, it was going to be the best deal I would get.

Heck, the shocks are less than what Edelbrocks cost me (And I am sure they're a lot better).

Anyone have the Ford part number for the bushings that are needed?

Tim, what part # did you buy on the springs, are they the 2" lifted ones, and is the $214 per side or the total for both?

Part #'s:

Springs - OME36
Front Shocks - N16
Rear Shocks - N17

OME only offers 2" lift springs, the springs are priced for each.

Thanks for all your work!!

Back