OME springs and warrior shackles

rumney510

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT V8
Hi all

Is anyone else running warriors and OME springs???

I installed warrior shackles over the weekend and went out wheelin. The articulation in the rear is much imoproved. The OME spring seems to start twisting at full articulation. I wondered if this was safe or if it or the bolt would snap under the torsional force

I installed the warriors because the OME had sagged over the year I've had them and i lost about 1 inch of lift.

thanks all
andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What happen to your Stock Springs???

I got rid of them when I put the OME on a year ago.

andy

Hey Andy,
Are you towing anything?
I just wonder, because when I was running OME springs, I didn't have any problems with them sagging. Are you doing some major wheeling?

Ray, what happen to your OME Springs and or Factory?
If you don't know im looking for some 4-door leaf springs to swap with my Mono leaf spring.

We run the OME-36 springs with War-153 shackles. I actually can't flex the suspension completly since the shocks are too short. They were long enough for the stock springs with an add-a-leaf and the WAR-153 shackles.

I knew they were not going to be long enough when I put the springs on and found that when I let the suspension droop that the shocks didn't reach.

They do flex well even with the short shocks.. and i do tow about once a month.. (500 lbs trailer.. with about 1k of weight in it).

The only problem so far is that I don't run the bolts that keep the springs together.. I leave them out which allows the leaves to come apart during droop. The problem I ran into is that the piece of the clamp on the inside of the spring near the gas tank actually got caught on the tank skid plate.. so it bent down.. The happened twice.. until I used a small sledge to bent it closer to the spring.. Now it doesn't catch.

BTW.. we have close to 50k miles on this combo now.

~Mark

Ray no I am not towing anything. I put camping gear in the back and I guess I do alot of wheelin, pretty much most weekends.

Maniak I had the same problem with the gas tank skid plate. I changed out my shocks and run OME nitros and seem to get more flex than I would have thought possible.
It's just as the rear flexes it goes in an arc and not a straight line and I can see the spring get twisted in the arc. I am still limited in the amount of flex I get as the tire rubs, I am in the process of putting on a body lift, then I will find out how much it can flex, and hopefully not break.

andy

Originally posted by CBoug76
Ray, what happen to your OME Springs and or Factory?
If you don't know im looking for some 4-door leaf springs to swap with my Mono leaf spring.

I sold the OME's to Tom Davis, which now belongs to Diff Wack daddy (he bought Toms Truck). You might email him and see if he wants to sell them to you. If he keeps them maybe he'll sell you his factory springs. Soupbone has my factory springs.

I still have a set of Factory 4 door springs with Duff add-a-leaves in my front yard.. make an offer if you want them..

We are in 85641

~Mark

OME 36 spring question

Cant find this in a search,
How is the shackle spring eye formed? Over,under, english? Anyone have a pic of the shackle end, or know where one is?

Anyone know the rate?

Supplier?

Thanks

Back