• Register Today It's free!

Pro comp shocks?

camaro_guy_z28

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer
Hello all, i was wondering if anyone had any opinions on pro comp shocks. Do they ride rough? What is the roughest riding shock on the market for little money? Minor offroading performance. Does anyone have these now on their truck or ex if so please tell me what u think. Oh by the way these would go on my 93 ex. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My ES3000's ride pretty rough. They handle well, but don't give too great of a ride.

I have ES9000's. They are ok. They do ride a bit rough. They perform great though.

I have the es3000's. I would say they're firm but not rough or harsh at all. Fairly comfortable on the street and light trails.

WhitEngineering said:
I have the es3000's. I would say they're firm but not rough or harsh at all. Fairly comfortable on the street and light trails.

Same here, ran them before I went to the Rancho RS5000s and now that the Ranchos are needing replaced I'm going back to the ProComp ES3000s. :thumbsup:

be careful of where you order your procomp shocks from... it took me well over a month to get mine from 4wheelparts.com ... They never even said they were on backorder or the fact that they had never even been produced until a month after they had been ordered. Once I received them, they were ALL too long. I was so fed up I just installed them anyway and am running them now.... they pretty much suck, as does 4wheelparts.com. Order them from a local shop and forget about the headaches of crappy mailorder companies.

quiksilverdh said:
be careful of where you order your procomp shocks from...

I ordered mine from Summit last month and received them 2 days later... they have the buy 3 get 1 free now and they sent a $20 coupon too.

Got mine from Summit too.

i got mine from 4wheelparts....

got em in 3 days.

The shocks are pretty decent, over Monroe's Gas-a-matic hah

Thanks for all the responses guys, any other opinions.

4WP Has them on sales right now too. ;)

I have ES9000's They're ok, mine are strting to ware though.

I need to go buy some ES3000 for my wife's truck :rolleyes:

Back