• Register Today It's free!

pro-comp shocks`

JGAMBLE

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Wainwright, Ak
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994xlt
well just orders the pro-comp ES9000 shocks off 4wheelparts.com. Just wondering what the basic opinion on these are. I know it's gonna be an improvement, I'm still running the origional equipment:D So let's see new shocks, new rock crawler and pro-comp A/T's and new brush guard, this is starting to get expensive:rolleyes: but the x is becoming more fun to drive all the time.

:chug: :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cool, let us know how they ride.....

They are gonna be firm....

how firm???? I used to do a lot of off roading, but since moving to indy, I haven't found any place to play yet. The wife already hates the way it rides. Oh well, it's gotta be better than the way she wallows around now. If nothing else, just remind her it's my truck:p

Nothing that's gonna rattle your teeth but definately a more solid ride than stock. The main reason I chose 9000s over 3000s is that I tow an ATV trailer weekly. Its a give and take type thing.

how long have you had your's on??? wondering what kinda life span to expect. I usually change em out about every 4 years.

Just a short while, little over a month, but I've had them on several types of terrain and they do perform well.

Oh, have fun putting the fronts on. It takes some ass to compress them anyway and with the front being a pin type upper fastner it made for an iteresting few minutes during the install since I couldn't find a way to bind the shock in a compressed state.

that's what neighbors and beer are for:D

Well anyone else have any experience with these, or is Muddlover and I gonna be the only ones running these???

That's the ticket!

My non-mechanically inclined friend helped me, it was kinda funny watching him try to bolt uo the rear shock top first.:hammer:

so absolutely nobody else on this board uses these shocks, find that hard to believe, was hoping for a few more opinions.

shocks..

i just ordered a set of Procomp 9000. i was wondering.. do i have have to tell 4wheelparts that i want to put shackles on later in the future? i didnt know that shocks come in various lengths. what should i do.. my shocks are coming in on wednesday.

How do EPC shocks compare to RS5000 or RSX shocks? I see that they're a little cheaper but not sure if that's because Rancho is a better shock or just a bigger name.

good question, I don't really have a clue, but based on the quality of their tires, I think it's just a name thing. I'm running pro-comp a/t's 31x10.5 and I love em.

well got em up and mounted on saturday. They're a lot firmer than factory, but I like it. :D The combination of the 31's and the 9000's makes for a nice ride. The tires take a lot of the harshness of the ride and the shocks stop the body roll. I like how when you hit a bump it no longer bump, bump, bump down the road, now it's just one big BUMP and it's done. Overall I'm happy with em, next time I'm hoping to have her lifted and will be looking for an adjustable shock by then.

es9000

got the shocks in on sat. boy do they feel different! really impress with epc es9000. no more body shaking @ 70mph. no more bottoming (sp) out shocks over pot holes. dont have to go over speed bumps like lowered imports do...they are a lot stiffer than regular shocks which is good.

here they are

here they are:

64455876305_0_ALB.jpg

64455876305_0_ALB.jpg

pics no work:(

Back