Proud New Owner

Brian311

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Hello,
I purchased a brand new 2017 black Explorer Sport 2 weeks ago. I have never owned a Ford before and I am so happy with this new SUV. It is my favorite vehicle of all that I have ever owned. It is powerful, handles well, has great tech. Can't say enough good things. Only thing I did not like so far was the front license plate bracket that seems to be mandatory on all new Fords. Perhaps I will remove it but not sure if putting plugs in my bumper is something I want to do.

Anyway, thanks for having me on the forum, looking forward to all the great info!

Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum.

Same here. I will continue to search and will post here what I find out.

Welcome Brian....looking forward to getting mine in a few weeks hopefully.... 17 limited....hopefully as satisfied as you are

Welcome Brian....looking forward to getting mine in a few weeks hopefully.... 17 limited....hopefully as satisfied as you are
fatboyO,
I don't know if you are planning on buying or leasing but according to my dealer, the lease deals for Explorer are better on Base, XLT, and Sport. They are less good on Limited and Platinum. I was looking for a Limited and found that for about $35 more per month I was able to get a Sport.

Thanks for all the Welcomes!!! I am trying to become more expert at washing the car without scratching it.

fatboyO,
I don't know if you are planning on buying or leasing but according to my dealer, the lease deals for Explorer are better on Base, XLT, and Sport. They are less good on Limited and Platinum. I was looking for a Limited and found that for about $35 more per month I was able to get a Sport.
Buying , not leasing.... considered the platinum, however, after much consideration decided on a simpler engine in an effort to minimize repair costs way down the road as I plan on keeping it for a very long time.... just works better for me....

Back