• Register Today It's free!

pulled out a ford f250

jacobl

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
Today I pulled out a 1994 ford f250 4x4. The guy was going to pull his 1994 lincoln town car out of the snow but the front axle spindle broke and his now 2wd truck was stuck in the woods. The truck was pinned against a tree and was on an incline. The ex pulled it great. After the truck was out I pulled his town car out too. The bfg all terrains really helped on the icy snow.

What is the most you all have towed with your explorers? :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pulled a Chevy Astro van out of a snowbank at work. We were getting it in the shop to yank the engine and tranny out of it, and it had been sitting in the back of the lot all buried in snow. Our plow truck, a '92 Chevy K2500 couldn't budge it...Sat there spinning one front and one rear wheel. Just for grins, I hooked the Explorer up to it, shifted it into 4x4 Low, and it walked it out without hardly touching the throttle. My mechanic was impressed...He's a die-hard Jeep guy, and he couldn't believe how easy my Explorer dragged that van out of the snow.

aww c'mon n pics to back up these stories?:D:ttiwwp:

I wasn't planning on towing anything so I didn't have my camera.

This winter I kept a tow-line with me. I pulled about 3 people out so far. First was a Subaru Sti that stuck. The second was, and KID you not an H3, the 4x4 was not working so he was a 2WD it was funny the guy felt like an ASS LOL. The 3rd was a Ford Bronco, who lost control and went into a 6 foot snow bank!.

I too never leave home without my tow strap, and it came in handy 2 days ago. A kid in a "newer" chevy blazer was dickin off and loss control and went into a ditch. the ditch was about 4 feet deep. i stopped and asked if he needed help. and then he told me, his friend with a chevy 2500 was coming in 20min and that MY FORD wouldnt be able to get him out. So I said just let me try cause If I can get you out, you wont have to wait for your friend. So I hooked up, and 2 good yanks later he was out. Man did he feel like a duma$$.

Back