Quad Captains Seats

Soundguy01tx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Katy, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Hey guys, I have a 91 XLT and was wondering if possible, how hard would it be to remove my rear bench seat and replace it with captains. Is this even possible? Second thought as well... if not putting in captains, would it be possible to replace my rear bench with a leather EB seat, and putting windstar leather seats in front. Seems I saw that done somewhere... anyone know the difficulty level of such a roject. (ie laying new seat tracks?)
--bryan

[Edit] - Has anyone seen this done on a first gen? How did it look?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My dream would be to build a full cage and off that mount 4 racing buckets. I would love to see pics of anyones 1st gen Explorer with 4 buckets though just to see how it looks.

Khris

I just put 01 X seats in my 89 Bronco II and i had to take off my old racks and put them on the new seats, the holes pretty much lines right up and my seats went right in, dunno if that will help.
Cody

That sounds pretty awesome, if you really wanted to find out then just try to put one of your front captains in the back, it would just take a few minutes, not that hard. I would like to do the same thing though.

Happy trails!!

I've also wondered how much trouble it would be to fit buckets in the back of my X.......If it is possible, I was thinking of adding a Ranger center seat console, or just another X center console......Any ideas??

"Just do it" You can make it work and look good.

When I get the money and the exact idea of what I want, I'll be putting the seats in the back and removing the bench... Maybe do a custom console too? I dunno, but it will happen someday... :D

And as Rick says,
"Just do it" You can make it work and look good.

:D

Done

I have done this in my truck. There's a pic of the buckets if you click on my homepage. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Re: Done

Originally posted by Swee294349
I have done this in my truck. There's a pic of the buckets if you click on my homepage. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Looks nice:D

Swee294349
Man that looks sweet... How hard was it to do? Did you need to drill new holes? I wanna know all about it. Haha. I dont have the time to sit and figure it all out right now, so any insight from you on how you did it would be great. Thanks a lot, and it really does look nice. Do you have any more pics of it without the seat covers?
--bryan

Thanks

The install wasn't too bad. i thought of doing this one friday and by sunday i had everything in. (except the console). I ended up using the old bolts that stick up through the floor from the bench seat. Since there are only three legs on the bench seat a hole had to be drilled through the floor and leveled out. My dad and i then bent brackets out of metal straps to that of the contour of the bucket seat bracket. The back of the seat is just bolted down through the truck floor right at the base before the hump goes up towards the rear of the vehicle. so i now have full reclining and sliding seats. I don't have my digital with me here but i'll have it back here soon and can take some pics of your request. Thanks for looking.

Back