question about keeping stock headunit vs Aftermarket | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

question about keeping stock headunit vs Aftermarket

EBK142

Reaction score
I cant decide if i should keep my stock deck or go with aftermarket. I was hoping someone could give me specs for my stock headunit, its a 95, i believe its the premium sound package? it has a 6 disk cd changer in the armrest, and it sounds pretty nice, on the other hand i have a pioneer p6900ub headunit just sitting around, this might be a dumb question but would my subs bang harder with the stock deck or my pioneer deck? or is there a better deck, for decent money i could pick up that anyone would recommend? let me know, anything is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the aftermarket headunit is deffinitely the way to go if you already have one! and the sound coming from the stock HU is distorted and i thinkit sounds muffled. When i put in my new HU i noticed a major improvement. Also you subs will hit harder becuase of the better signal and less distortion from the HU. I sacrificed my 6 cd changer becuase i bought a head unit with MP3 playback so i can burn a cd with around 300 songs on it and put certain songs in folders(rock, hip hop, country, etc.) i would deffinitely upgrade if you just have one laying around.

yea i have one laying around, so i guess it is worth it, and it has the ipod hookup so i can sacrifice my 6 disk as well. any tips on speakers? i picked this thing up cheap, and i got some speakers laying around, you wouldnt happen to know the speaker sizes i have off hand would you?

umm, i believe the speakers are 6x8. But thats off the top of my head so im not 100%. But what kind of speakers do you have laying around? yea especially if it has an ipod hookup i wouldnt even think twice bout missing your stock HU, id have the new one in within the hour.haha

i got some kicker speakers laying around, so if they fit its worth it you know? and yea i realize now im gonna have that deck in sooner or later lol

My non-JBL non-MACH factory headunit in my 96 cuts bass at higher volumes. My Budget Bass setup would have better bass output with an aftermarket headunit.

yea anything actually is better than stock. kicker speakers are pretty nice sounding i think. but everyone has their own opinions.

Back