Question about OHMs Help Please! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about OHMs Help Please!

IndyExploder said:
yes and no. If he buys a prefab box I got a buddy with a few 10s that would distroy pretty much any system in a prefab box. Put it in a custom box made for those subs and what your wanting out of your system though and I will congradulate you.

I actually changed up the plan -
INSTEAD OF HAVING THE KICKERKX850.2
I BOUGHT THE BIG DADDY THE KICKERKX1200.1

Now my idea is to get 2 Kicker L7 12s instead of running 1 15.
My plan before was to have the one Kicker 15 on the KX850.2
amp but now the plan is to have 2 12s instead (based on everyone
telling me that 12s will be better than one solo 15)
and I'll run those two on the KX1200.1

Sound good? or better than the 15 with the 850.2?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the 15 with the KX1200.1 would be better. Or better yet, a Solo X twelve with quad 1 ohm coils and 4 Crossfire VR2000Ds

IndyExploder said:
the 15 with the KX1200.1 would be better. Or better yet, a Solo X twelve with quad 1 ohm coils and 4 Crossfire VR2000Ds

you're saying one solo 15 L7 with the KICKERKX1200.1 would be better than 2 12 L7s ran by the same KICKERKX1200.1?

:eek:

IndyExploder said:

howcome everyone just got done the last couple days telling me how the 12s would be much better than 1 15? *scratches head* I don't get it :confused:

oh... and did I mention I'm getting the 12 L7s for only 250 for both of them?
thats whats shoving me even more in the direction of the two 12s over the 1 15.

your 2 12s will hit harder, your 1 15 will hit lower frequencies. Do you just want some bump or are you trying to have the best on the block, and what kind of music do you listen to? If you listen to more rock/alternative, get the 12's. If you listen to more rap get the 15. Either way they will all hit the same. And you don't need a custom box, you just need to get a box that fits the right volume for the sub your buying.

if you buy a prefab box you need to kill yourself

IndyExploder said:
if you buy a prefab box you need to kill yourself

Where do you go to get ones customly made and how much would I be spending approx?

jeff96 said:
your 2 12s will hit harder, your 1 15 will hit lower frequencies. Do you just want some bump or are you trying to have the best on the block, and what kind of music do you listen to? If you listen to more rock/alternative, get the 12's. If you listen to more rap get the 15. Either way they will all hit the same. And you don't need a custom box, you just need to get a box that fits the right volume for the sub your buying.

well... i am a producer and i do rap and produce hip hop etc.. so i guess the 15 would hit the lower frequencies but for the price im getting the two twelves for $250 it's hard to pass up that deal.. would save 100 + and would have a second woofer. and im sure despite the twelves hitting lower frequencies the 12s would still sound pretty f'n good :D

IndyExploder said:

They make a quad v.c. solo x?

Mista808 said:
well... i am a producer and i do rap and produce hip hop etc.. so i guess the 15 would hit the lower frequencies but for the price im getting the two twelves for $250 it's hard to pass up that deal.. would save 100 + and would have a second woofer. and im sure despite the twelves hitting lower frequencies the 12s would still sound pretty f'n good :D

Well the frequency response for the 12"s are listed 20-100hz, while the 15" goes down to 18hz. The basic difference of 2 hz doesn't seem to make a huge difference to me. And unless they have largely different fs values that shouldn't influence the response much either.

davesexplorer said:
They make a quad v.c. solo x?

Yes. You have to be apart of their competition team to get one.

Back