Question on brakes. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question on brakes.

ZeroStryfe

Reaction score
Hi guys new here. Was working on my sisters 02 Explorer Sport changing out the brake pads because our local brake man has screwed up on my mustang and her explorer already. I had both calipers off and was in the process of putting the new pads in. Got the drivers side pads installed and tested the brakes and had no pedal return. I am thinking what is going on? Then I realize that I screwed the pooch and forgot that the passenger side caliper was still off the rotor. I fully extended one of the pistons on that caliper. When I tried to depress the piston back into the caliper it vented brake fluid. Did I just destroy a caliper or is there a way to get the piston back in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

open the bleed valve when trying to push it back in. You mean it vented fluid past the piston seals?

I did it once and was able to press it back in with bleed valve all the way open.

Good luck

Did you try pushing the piston back in with the bleeder valve all the way open?

maybe you need to pull the piston out to re-seat the seal properly and then try pushing it back in?... sorry I can't help more.

Hope one of the more experienced guys chimes in.

Back