Question on Dash Light Replacements | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question on Dash Light Replacements

grags

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Creek, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport
I have a 99 explorer and one of the dash lights in my instrument cluster (behind the tach) is out. Has anyone changed these before? How big of a pain is it to get the cluster out?

Also, on a related note, I think the 99 was the first year they changed the interior lighting to that pea green hue from the more greenish-blue. I like the old style better. Are the bulbs colored, or are they behind filters? Just curious, as I'd like to put the old style colors in instead.

Thanks in adavance,

Greg

quick question as well, are their lights behind the headlight switch? I'd like to replace 'em tomorrow when i put in my gauge bezel, part #'s would also be helpful.

grags said:
I have a 99 explorer and one of the dash lights in my instrument cluster (behind the tach) is out. Has anyone changed these before? How big of a pain is it to get the cluster out?
Follow the instructions below for getting to the headlight switch. There are only a few screws holding the instrument cluster after that. You have to unhook the cable that moves the gear selector and unplug the wires going into the back of the cluster as well. It can be a big pain in the butt.
00XLS said:
quick question as well, are their lights behind the headlight switch? I'd like to replace 'em tomorrow when i put in my gauge bezel, part #'s would also be helpful.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86455

Back